DarkVoice 3322 or LD MK III for Grados 325is ??
Sep 27, 2009 at 4:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

BIG Dave

New Head-Fier
DarkVoice 3322 or Little Dot MK III for Grados 325is?

After reading countless threads on this topic, it seems to me that people are divided 50/50 that these amps do/don't work well with the Grado 325is. I've read some posts that these two amps work better with higher impedance phones. Other posts state both of these amps sound superb with low impedance Grados. I'm hoping to hear from people that have tried the DarkVoice 3322 and Little Dot MK III with Grado 325is and have an opinion.

* Which amp do you prefer for "classic rock" (Stones, Zeppelin, Who, etc)?

* If neither, what tube amp do you recommend in this price range? (I believe $470 shipped to the USA for the 3322 from boyier.com, and $245 shipped for the LD MK III from DavidZheZhe are the best prices I've found.)

Thanks!

Sep 27, 2009 at 2:51 PM Post #2 of 5
Well, from what I have seen from both amps the 3322 is in an entirely different league. Your really comparing apples to oranges. 3322 is a much more powerful amp.

A closer comparison would be the Little Dot MK IV SE to the 3322. Both seem to be great amps with a good following. LD's customer service is second to none as well. I personally went with the Darkvoice 3322 so I am waiting for it to arrive. I really like what I have read about it and it uses the same tubes as the MKIII for the most part. It also seems to have great synergy with the AKG K 701 based on the feedback I have seen.

If you are needing something around the MKIII price ranges then I would imagine you should look at the Darkvoice 336classic or the Darkvoice 336se.

Oct 1, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #3 of 5
Darkvoice amps don't have the greatest synergy with low impedance headphones like GRADOS. It's not that the sound would be terrible, but just not as good as the sound with high impedance cans like the HD650s.

Jan 7, 2010 at 3:17 PM Post #4 of 5
A hybrid amp is what you are looking for. I cannot recommend one as I need to do hours upon hours of research myself before I go upgrading. I used my Qinpu A-3 with my SR-225 (A-3 was $140, $108usd on ebay now) and LOVED the sound. Very nice, warm detailed sound with punchy bass. It's a GREAT amp for the price. That just goes to show you some tube amps work fantastic with Grado's, some don't. A SS amp isn't a good idea with Grado's. Something like a Millet Max hybrid amp for about $250 on the FS forums is a great choice.

Apr 14, 2010 at 6:39 AM Post #5 of 5
Any users heard first hand the sound fo Grados RS1's or even RS2's with the Darkvoce 336's?
I really wonder as I need a good amp for my cans Y used Bechmark media HP output but it sounds too darn bright and not enough bass it seems . .
I'm new here I salute veryone and sincerely hope I can contribute with some information or comments in the future right now I need some help .
Can anybody let me know please??

It seems there are some opinions well formed but they don't say it they have heard teh Grados with it and just not sounding good or maybe I am missunderstanding completely.

Thanks;

Gonz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back