Darkest Desires Part V
Dec 27, 2009 at 6:25 AM Post #2,626 of 2,645
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enverxis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whoops. Didn't notice this until today

Danny Cavanagh and Anneke Van Giesbergen will be teaming up again for a couple of special shows NEXT WEEK. The dates are:

Sept 24 - ANTWERP, Belgium (Pandemonium)
Sept 25 - EINDHOVEN, Holland (Dynamo)

Annie and Danny will be releasing a live album titled "In Parallel" which features live versions of classics from Anathema, Agua de Annique and The Gathering, along with cover versions such as 'teardrop' and 'the blowers daughter' - it has 15 tracks running over an hour in length, with great packaging.

This album is exclusively available at these shows so be there!

The search begins for the CD. To listen however ...

Hey Jordan!!! How have you been?

I am SO on this. If you see anything regarding being able to buy the actual product, I will buy instantly. Thanks for the heads up
smily_headphones1.gif
I will listen to this as soon as I can.

The supposed December 9 date for the release of Pianissimo has come and gone obviously. I sent e-mails to any link I could find at The End and have heard nothing back from any of them. Simply ridiculous.

Dec 27, 2009 at 1:50 PM Post #2,627 of 2,645
I've been well man

Saw Opeth live for the first time recently, was pretty good.

They played too many songs off their new album and I was really facepalming during one point of the concert, however after that they played April Ethereal, Face of Melinda and Deliverance so that was much better (No Demon of the Fall though :S)

also saw Amon Amarth again, they were fantastic again also, but not quite as good as the year before. Oden was just a better album.

Yes I am emailing a friend of mine who is 'in' on the music scene about Pianissimo. He hasn't gotten back to me yet so I assume he hasn't got my PM on Sonic Cathedral.
My guess is, Management/Budget issues with the Label or (unlikely) dispute with the band

Dec 27, 2009 at 2:56 PM Post #2,628 of 2,645
The End Records had a change of Management. The new Management probably went, hmm Virgin Black have not made us enough money off their last 2 releases ... **** the 3rd one.

Lysander says:
so... you wanna know what happened to VB eh?
< Sensu/<i > says:
yeah
Lysander says:
no idea
< Sensu/<i > says:
well just that release
< Sensu/<i > says:
the band is playing live at NYE in Sydney
Lysander says:
it could well be something to do with their relationship with the end, i know theyre pumping their money into other bands now
Lysander says:
when
< Sensu/<i > says:
yeah that's what I thought, either budget issues or a dispute
Lysander says:
the end was in danger of going down
Lysander says:
because they signed too many niche bands
Lysander says:
which,. though a small amount of people love them,. brought in next to no money
Lysander says:
they got taken over and are now just concentrating on the larger bands
< Sensu/<i > says:
oh they got taken over
< Sensu/<i > says:
there's the answer right there
Lysander says:
indeedy
Lysander says:
shame
Lysander says:
because that was the only one of the three albums i was interested in hearing
< Sensu/<i > says:
yeah IMO it would have been the best one of the three

Dec 27, 2009 at 7:43 PM Post #2,629 of 2,645
Quote:

I've been well man

Saw Opeth live for the first time recently, was pretty good.

They played too many songs off their new album and I was really facepalming during one point of the concert, however after that they played April Ethereal, Face of Melinda and Deliverance so that was much better (No Demon of the Fall though :S)

They are still incredible live, but I am not the biggest fan of post-Deliverance material, save for a few songs from each album. Glad you got to see them though.

Quote:

The End Records had a change of Management. The new Management probably went, hmm Virgin Black have not made us enough money off their last 2 releases ... **** the 3rd one.

I figured it was a money thing, as their website is next to useless, and they do not have any real money making bands. I have huge respect for going after niche bands, but some of them are truly awful. Lordi? Seriously? They have Ulver and Virgin Black, two of the best bands out there right now, and they are doing nothing with them.

The new management can go to hell if they do not release Pianissimo. It will be awesome, and they are fools of they do not see that.

As it is now, perhaps VB should be looking for another label or try releasing material on their own. I am not well versed in that thing, but it cannot be worse than staying in an idle label staring at the ceiling...

Jan 29, 2010 at 7:10 PM Post #2,630 of 2,645
Things kind of trailed off here. So I'll pipe up, anyone picked up the new Ihsahn album? I really liked the first two, so I am very interested in this release as well. I am reading good things (including Saxaphone!)

Scott

Jan 29, 2010 at 8:44 PM Post #2,631 of 2,645
Quote:

Originally Posted by scottder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Things kind of trailed off here. So I'll pipe up, anyone picked up the new Ihsahn album? I really liked the first two, so I am very interested in this release as well. I am reading good things (including Saxaphone!)

Scott

I am looking forward to this album, too.
Might be able to pick it up at a locally, if not I get to wait.
frown.gif

Jan 29, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #2,632 of 2,645
Quote:

Originally Posted by diogenes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am looking forward to this album, too.
Might be able to pick it up at a locally, if not I get to wait.
frown.gif

I grabbed it on iTunes, got impatient.

Scott

Feb 1, 2010 at 3:12 PM Post #2,633 of 2,645
Been listening to the new Ihsahn, and liking it very much. He continues to innovate in black metal (a genre that, let's be honest, can get stale at times). He uses Saxophone and he makes it WORK, as odd as that sound. Seems he's not afraid to use anything to bring his musical vision to life, and I for one appreciate that. If you liked he previous two solo albums, you MUST pick this up.

Scott

Feb 6, 2010 at 11:17 PM Post #2,634 of 2,645
Quote:

Been listening to the new Ihsahn, and liking it very much. He continues to innovate in black metal (a genre that, let's be honest, can get stale at times). He uses Saxophone and he makes it WORK, as odd as that sound. Seems he's not afraid to use anything to bring his musical vision to life, and I for one appreciate that. If you liked he previous two solo albums, you MUST pick this up.

Scott

Excellent. I picked it up today.
smily_headphones1.gif

I do wonder how he will deal with his past in the coming years.

Feb 6, 2010 at 11:39 PM Post #2,635 of 2,645
Quote:

Originally Posted by diogenes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Excellent. I picked it up today.
smily_headphones1.gif

I do wonder how he will deal with his past in the coming years.

Kinda odd the official web site doesn't refer to the new album. Still mostly about angl.

Scott

Feb 7, 2010 at 2:00 PM Post #2,636 of 2,645
Quote:

Scott

Seconded. It's his most progressive/experimental solo work yet, and the songs stick much better, compared to the relatively scattershot "angL".

Feb 7, 2010 at 4:40 PM Post #2,637 of 2,645
Wow. A thread devoted to metal? This seems like my kind of place.

I've heard a good few songs off the new Ihsahn, and while I'm impressed, I'm not sure it trumps The Adversary. It's certainly not far off, but I'm still making my mind up about it.

The other new album I'm hearing about is the new Dark Tranquillity, We Are The Void. I can definitely say this now: it won't beat Fiction. It's very standard DT fare, though, which means excellent production and occasional mind blowing keyboard work.

I also saw Anaal Nathrakh mentioned on the previous page. If you like that, you may also want to investigate Axis of Perdition - I'd previously thought that Constellation of the Black Widow was the most terrifying album I'd come across (except perhaps Deathspell Omega's Fas- Ite, Maledicti, in Aegnem Aeternum)... until I listened to Deleted Scenes From The Transition Hospital. It's one of the most terrifyingly realistic albums I've ever heard.

May 15, 2010 at 6:23 PM Post #2,639 of 2,645
A.Tolonen from Nest has a new project called Syven.

"Syven aims to create dark, heavy, primordial and even shamanistic music, where the driving force is the traditional Finnish string instrument, the kantele, accompanied by atmospheric synth layering, ritualistic percussion and heavy distortion where appropriate. We also employ a variety of vocals that range from low male choirs to growls to chanting and to shamanistic performances, all of which help bring life to the comprehensive themes of nature, the struggles of reality, the brutality of survival, but also the wonderment and the solemness that lie therein."

Two new songs up on their website from their upcoming album

http://koti.mbnet.fi/atolonen/syven/syven.html

First thing that's caught my eye in a while :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back