Darkest Desires Part V
Aug 26, 2009 at 2:04 PM Post #2,611 of 2,645
WASP - Blackie Lawless

Yeh I have all early 1980s works and some of the later stuff, this guy is a rock n roll machine............Cimson Idol is like a rock opera or "tommy" by Blackie, got tired of just cranking out another normal album.
Even without knowing any of the theme connections the album sounds good just listening to it as individual songs

I must have at least 7-8 albums by WASP, 1990s albums really cheap used

Aug 27, 2009 at 9:19 AM Post #2,612 of 2,645
Yeah I agree. Even if you don't follow the story of TCI, just experiencing the songs for what they are is enjoyable.

BTW, does "I Am One" really play out like a live track?

Anyway, right now:

I really enjoyed "Red Album" and was glad to see that even on their first EP's these guys already had a nice crushing sound, albeit in a more raw kind of way. I still prefer the more mature and refined sound of "Red Album", but I'm enjoying these two EP's still.

Baroness - First/Second (2003/2005, Sludge Metal)

baroness-firstandsecond-cd.jpg

And I can't wait for their "Blue Album" to come out this year! I have high expectations for that one. Awesome cover is awesome.

l_27d47bcba4b54505a56b32c88ca2b9dc.preview.jpg

Aug 28, 2009 at 1:28 AM Post #2,613 of 2,645
With regards to Blut Aus Nord, I prefer Memoria Vetusta I - Fathers of the Icy Age. the melodies are better and stick with me more than ...Vetusta II

Sep 24, 2009 at 5:19 PM Post #2,615 of 2,645
Finally got around to listened to Drudkh - Microcosmos in earnest today, and I love it. I hope their other albums are like this one.

Sep 25, 2009 at 4:58 AM Post #2,616 of 2,645
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Madder Mortem is good. I like the vocals, very expressive. The music is a bit too nu-metal at times, and I do not see myself going on binges with the music, but it is good nonetheless.

Yeah you say that now
wink.gif
All Flesh is Grass, Deadlands and Desiderata can become addictive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gotta bump the thread that mainly keeps me here...

Elegeion's

Enverxis, do you have any news on them at all?

Sorry mate, I have not heard from Anthony Kwan + the band for some years. I know that they have a couple of muck around side projects and what not but I have heard nothing on the Elegeion front for a long time
frown.gif

I still wear my shirt quite often though
smily_headphones1.gif

Not much news on my end I'm afraid (Lol I haven't read this thread for like 4 months
eek.gif
)

I haven't really got anything new, I'm going to start getting into some more Traditional Doom (Saint Vitus, Trouble etc etc) and I'm going to go see Opeth later this year.

Oct 30, 2009 at 10:02 AM Post #2,617 of 2,645
Spent about a month listening to Alice in Chains - Black Gives Way to Blue and I have to say it's the best release I've heard in 2 years.

Matthew if you weren't a huge fan of their old lead vocalist the new guy melds in well with Jerry Cantrell and would probably suit you better (He was excellent live as well).

Truely fantastic album, a grower, really deep and excellent music.

Nov 1, 2009 at 3:47 AM Post #2,618 of 2,645
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enverxis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Spent about a month listening to Alice in Chains - Black Gives Way to Blue and I have to say it's the best release I've heard in 2 years.

Matthew if you weren't a huge fan of their old lead vocalist the new guy melds in well with Jerry Cantrell and would probably suit you better (He was excellent live as well).

Truely fantastic album, a grower, really deep and excellent music.

Glad you like it. I will see what I can do. I am not the hugest AIC fan, but some of their songs are simply outstanding (eg. Would? and Down In A Hole).

After taking the munchkins out to look at the different houses, and as a tribute to the Halloween spirit, I am listening to some Esoteric. I am really enjoying the atmosphere of Ignotum Per Ignotius from The Maniacal Vale. Yeah, that hits the spot...
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 3, 2009 at 5:29 AM Post #2,619 of 2,645
Anyone have the new album by Insomnium: Across The Dark? I like it a lot, but it is not any large departure from their last album, Above The Weeping World. Has clean vocals spread sparingly throughout, but other than that, it is the same formula. I consider this a good thing, as this band is very easy to get into and fun to listen to. Nothing really deep or involving but still a rewarding listen.

Odd trivia: Whenever it rains, I always whip out the Insomnium to play in the car. I guess it just fits the mood...

Nov 5, 2009 at 3:04 PM Post #2,621 of 2,645
Anyone get the Venom Delux Edition of "Black Metal", not an album I ever expected to get this treatment.

Product Description
Digitally remastered and expanded two disc (CD + NTSC/Region 0 DVD) Deluxe Edition of the Metal band's groundbreaking 1982 album featuring 11 bonus tracks plus a bonus live DVD. Black Metal is Venom's most important release. This was the album that gained the band recognition and tilted the Heavy Metal world off its axis, inspiring countless of disciples to pick-up the gauntlet and blaze their own trail down the brightly lit pathway scorched by the grooves of this masterpiece. This edition for the new millennium serves to enhance the original with a plethora of mouth watering additions. Following the original album are 11 bonus tracks consisting of a Radio One Session, outtakes, remixes and the single, `Bloodlust'. However, the piece-de-resistance comes with a complete second DVD disc of the monumental live show, The 7th Date Of Hell, filmed at London's Hammersmith Odeon in 1984. Sanctuar
y.

Nov 9, 2009 at 7:59 PM Post #2,622 of 2,645
Been enjoying the new Slayer effort, World Painted Blood, today. Nice mixture of a bit of this and a bit of that from their past efforts. Maybe perhaps most reminiscent of Seasons, but also with a bit of Reign as well. Worth checking out for fans.

Dec 27, 2009 at 3:04 AM Post #2,624 of 2,645
Whoops. Didn't notice this until today

Quote:

Danny Cavanagh and Anneke Van Giesbergen will be teaming up again for a couple of special shows NEXT WEEK. The dates are:

Sept 24 - ANTWERP, Belgium (Pandemonium)
Sept 25 - EINDHOVEN, Holland (Dynamo)

Annie and Danny will be releasing a live album titled "In Parallel" which features live versions of classics from Anathema, Agua de Annique and The Gathering, along with cover versions such as 'teardrop' and 'the blowers daughter' - it has 15 tracks running over an hour in length, with great packaging.

This album is exclusively available at these shows so be there!

The search begins for the CD. To listen however ...

Also I checked Danny Cavanagh's Twitter and they're recording the songs for their upcoming album now
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back