Darkest Desires Part V
Dec 13, 2004 at 5:43 PM Post #61 of 2,645
Another waste of money:
Hellkult - Collection
Got this from blackmetal.com description sounded good and members are from groups whose albums I like.......OMG the sound quality here may even be worse than recent Vlad Tepes, absoultely terrible, my phone answering machine sounds better than this, worst I have heard for any CD sold for money......make early Darkthrone sound like audiophile quality.
mad.gif

Good CD from my stack:
Diabolical Breed - Compendium Infernus
Only CD available by this group I know of.....no time for review, just good classic BM from blackmetal.com

Dec 13, 2004 at 6:03 PM Post #63 of 2,645
Quote:

Originally Posted by EMT
Currently listening to Bloodthorn and God Dethroned. Bloodthorn tells a story while I like God Dethroned because their sound is a bridge between black and death metal. Any opionions guys?

I have nothing by either group......who are they similar to? Can you give brief description of style?

Dec 13, 2004 at 6:53 PM Post #64 of 2,645
God Dethroned is classified as Euro. death metal but their music has pianos, and other classical insturments that you would never hear on a death metal record. Their music is fast, hard, and has understandable lyrics. I don't really get into much death metal because a lot of it is unreconizable grunts and screams. God Dethroned is a band with substance. http://www.goddethroned.com

Bloodthorn is a black metal band from Norway that I got into after listening to their "Onwards Into Battle" disk. This CD tells of a war with hell through the music. Every track leads into the next completing the story. Their music has melody, fairly understandable lyrics, brutal heavy riffs, and a hot female backup singer who sounds great on the disk. This band's website seems to be under construction.

I found both of these bands music on blackmetal.com about 4-5 years ago but the site does not seem to sell their albums anymore.

Dec 13, 2004 at 8:36 PM Post #65 of 2,645
Quote:

Originally Posted by EMT
God Dethroned is classified as Euro. death metal but their music has pianos, and other classical insturments that you would never hear on a death metal record. Their music is fast, hard, and has understandable lyrics. I don't really get into much death metal because a lot of it is unreconizable grunts and screams. God Dethroned is a band with substance. http://www.goddethroned.com

Checked some samples of GD and reminds me of first couple Arch Enemy albums before Angela Gassow entered the band, melodic with male rasp vocals and heavy technical guitar lines etc......Amott brothers, yes!

BTW God dethroned CDs still can be found at:
Hells Headbangers - several
Dark Horizon Records - several
Red Stream - couple

Dec 13, 2004 at 11:00 PM Post #67 of 2,645
On The Doom Metal front:

The End has got the new Khanate album "Things Viral" which is suppose to be so slow that it makes their 1st album sound like speed metal
very_evil_smiley.gif

A great internet store that hardly gets enough digital ink here is http://www.redstream.org

Here is some of their new batch of stuff :

Mayhem - Legions of War
Double-CD reissue featuring both 'Grand Declaration of War' and 'European Legions' CDs packaged in a slipcase. Two CDs for the price of one!

Abigor - Shockwave 666
Newest, and sadly last, output by Abigor...limited edition 7" with killer, professional layout. Great music as always here!

Bunkur - Bludgeon
Consisting of members of Flesh Made Sin, Sauron and Abysmal Darkening they soon released a demo, followed by the album 'Bludgeon', a 65-minute record. Expect the most brutal and intense Doom Metal, by a band consisting of 2 bass players, a drummer and keyboards!

Dec 13, 2004 at 11:40 PM Post #68 of 2,645
I finally feel I can order some new music. So, I just got done ordering from The End;
Fenriz Presents
Children of Bodom - Trashed Lost & Strung Out
Astarte - Rise From Within
Lucifugum - Instinct Prevelance

I must have waited too long and could not find the Carpathian Forest CD - We're Going To Hollywood For This.
mad.gif
I really wanted that one.

Dec 15, 2004 at 1:09 PM Post #71 of 2,645
SIGMA DRACONIS - De Rerum Natura
Got this at Dark Symphonies and it is very good melodic BM, Italian underground has many such groups we have never heard of in USA....this is one and most welcome addition. Sound is very good for this genre, vocal technique has good variation while retaining sinister flavor, music has good tempo variation to keep intrest. Also has intro and outro tracks.....outro is a bit overboard and too long, can be skipped.

Hope to get my Dark Horizons order any day now......waiting.

Dec 15, 2004 at 2:52 PM Post #72 of 2,645
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel
SIGMA DRACONIS - De Rerum Natura
Got this at Dark Symphonies and it is very good melodic BM, Italian underground has many such groups we have never heard of in USA....this is one and most welcome addition. Sound is very good for this genre, vocal technique has good variation while retaining sinister flavor, music has good tempo variation to keep intrest. Also has intro and outro tracks.....outro is a bit overboard and too long, can be skipped.

Hope to get my Dark Horizons order any day now......waiting.

I think I need to get a Dark Symphonies order together one of these days, don't they do a few B&B bands?

Dec 15, 2004 at 5:52 PM Post #73 of 2,645
Quote:

Originally Posted by scottder
I think I need to get a Dark Symphonies order together one of these days, don't they do a few B&B bands?

They really have the best/fastest service of any of the website dark metal sellers.....free shipping plus $10 CDs. The problem is they only have small selection that changes quickly.

Dec 15, 2004 at 6:41 PM Post #74 of 2,645
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel
They really have the best/fastest service of any of the website dark metal sellers.....free shipping plus $10 CDs. The problem is they only have small selection that changes quickly.

I can't for the life of me remember what else you recommended from there, was it Autum Tears?

Dec 16, 2004 at 12:21 PM Post #75 of 2,645
Quote:

Originally Posted by scottder
I can't for the life of me remember what else you recommended from there, was it Autum Tears?

I don't like Autumn Tears myself.....they are heavily promoted sine they are Dark Symphonies recording artist. In the past I have purchased from DS:
-Twelfth of Never
-Macbeth
-Nicodemus
which have female vocals and some B/B elements.

Recently though I have been buying obscure smaller group BM from them

"After Party" show on FUSE
Anyone catch any of this late show on FUSE at midnight? Features female VJ metal chix Marianela and Juliya going to late night clubs and/or hanging out in skimpy attire........oh yeh they play a couple vids also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back