Darkest Desires Part V
Aug 12, 2006 at 10:02 AM Post #1,246 of 2,645
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enverxis
and yeah when I found out that Sean Malone and Sean Reinhart were in Aghora I quickly checked your Rateyourmusic to see if you had it, and you did
biggrin.gif

Damn these guys are good musicians, might have to check out some of their other projects.

Absolutely.

Unfortunately, neither of them are with Aghora any longer, but they've played together on a few other projects.

Cynic's Focus is, of course, the quintessential "The Seans" disc. Sean Reinert plays with Malone on the self-titled Gordian Knot album.. and he also plays on several tracks of their second album, Emergent.

Reinert also plays on Malone's solo album, Cortlandt. It's a wonderful, wonderful disc. The only thing I can say is good luck finding it, lol.. and if you do manage to find it, please let me know ASAP
rs1smile.gif

As for individual projects..

Sean Malone appeared on OSI's self-titled, Spiral Architect's A Sceptic's Universe, Spastic Ink's Ink Compatible, and Clockwork's Surface Tension (you will probably hate this album).

Sean Reinert's most notable role outside of Cynic is probably on Death's Human. He also played with Portal, which was sort of like Cynic only without Malone.. less metal and more ambient, though still very good. As far as I know, he now plays with Aeon Spoke, which is some sort of ambient post-rock thing.. I don't care much for it.

Aug 12, 2006 at 4:11 PM Post #1,247 of 2,645
Yeah I read they aren't in the band anymore. Shame, but glad that female vocalist is gone, she wasn't very good.

Thanks for the more detailed info; read about all of the bands linked on the metal archives page of Aghora, I have heard Gordian Knot - Gordian Knot, it's pretty good, need to listen to it more though

Beware Monika's vocals on Atrox - Contentum ... they're very bizarre
very_evil_smiley.gif
k1000smile.gif

Aug 12, 2006 at 7:46 PM Post #1,248 of 2,645
Traded my copy of Funeral - Tristesse/Tragedies for Forgotten Silence - Senyaan and Enslaved - Monumension, strange because the Forgotten Silence CD is also a 2CD disc, seller insisted it was not a fair trade and asked me to pick another CD from his list!

(trade was on doom-metal forums)

UneXpect - In A Flesh Aquarium has leaked, I just got the first track and O...M...G ; this is insane! Since Virgin Black's releases are now next year, this will be the 2006 release of the year.

Aug 13, 2006 at 1:36 AM Post #1,249 of 2,645
Quote:

Traded my copy of Funeral - Tristesse/Tragedies for Forgotten Silence - Senyaan and Enslaved - Monumension, strange because the Forgotten Silence CD is also a 2CD disc, seller insisted it was not a fair trade and asked me to pick another CD from his list!

(trade was on doom-metal forums)

UneXpect - In A Flesh Aquarium has leaked, I just got the first track and O...M...G ; this is insane! Since Virgin Black's releases are now next year, this will be the 2006 release of the year.

yes keep getting newest Enslaved:
Ruun
Isa
Below the Lights

UneXpect - In A Flesh Aquarium
Short samples at Amazon.....this is too strange and helter skelter for me, everthing sounds out of tune and vocals singing to different music than is playing

Aug 13, 2006 at 2:57 PM Post #1,253 of 2,645
Quote:

Pre-Ordered UneXpect - In A Flesh Aquarium and ordered Death - Human

For Death music kept getting better and better every album, final album "Perseverance" is my favorite. Combines great technical playing with melodic music lines, a masterwork of the genre and the pinnacle of Death's catalog, three best albums:

Death - Sound of Perseverance
Death - Symbolic
Death - Human

Aug 13, 2006 at 6:48 PM Post #1,254 of 2,645
won a copy of Storm - Nordavind off ebay, 1993-1995 project of Kari Rueslatten from 3rd and the Mortal, Herr Nagell from Darkthrone, Sigurd Wongraven from Satyricon; band split up after Kari Rueslatten left because the guys changed the endings to a few of the songs to include NSBM and anti-christian slogans.

Aug 13, 2006 at 7:02 PM Post #1,255 of 2,645
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel
For Death music kept getting better and better every album, final album "Perseverance" is my favorite. Combines great technical playing with melodic music lines, a masterwork of the genre and the pinnacle of Death's catalog, three best albums:

Death - Sound of Perseverance
Death - Symbolic
Death - Human

Sound of Perseverance is definitely my favorite as well, though Human isn't far behind.

Symbolic and Individual Thought Patterns are well worth checking out, but are probably my least favorite of the "post-death" Death albums. Gene Hoglan just didn't come out at me the way Reinert and Christy did on their respective albums.

Aug 13, 2006 at 8:12 PM Post #1,256 of 2,645
Ava Inferi - Burdens
I listened to this several times, very good mid tempo doomlike somber vibe with some nice female vocals mixed in at key spots, very effective and overall a great album, Enverxis gets extra points for mentioning this.

Agalloch - Ashes Against the Grain
Newest album is greatness pure and simple, a masterpiece!
Very nice mixture of music and vocal styles keep things very interesting, brings back raw elements from debut Pale Folklore and seamlessly integrates them in a more complex progressive soundscape, very heavy undercurrent almost like Tool at times but much more complex and varied, other times you float away in a midnight sky like a dark Pink Floyd. Somewhat similar to newest Opeth "ghost" album, but this is even better! Like Opeth mixes in high quality death vox and clean vocals to creatively acheive desired atmospherics, very skillfully done. If you don't own this buy it now, your pathetic life is worthless without it!

RTN, Enverxis, Nacher all others........am I crazy or is this really that friggin good?

The only real weakness of album is last track 8 which is just a 7 minute dark ambient noise instrumental, I may skip this in future playbacks.............

Aug 14, 2006 at 2:24 AM Post #1,257 of 2,645
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel
Agalloch - Ashes Against the Grain
Newest album is greatness pure and simple, a masterpiece!
Very nice mixture of music and vocal styles keep things very interesting, brings back raw elements from debut Pale Folklore and seamlessly integrates them in a more complex progressive soundscape, very heavy undercurrent almost like Tool at times but much more complex and varied, other times you float away in a midnight sky like a dark Pink Floyd. Somewhat similar to newest Opeth "ghost" album, but this is even better! Like Opeth mixes in high quality death vox and clean vocals to creatively acheive desired atmospherics, very skillfully done. If you don't own this buy it now, your pathetic life is worthless without it!

RTN, Enverxis, Nacher all others........am I crazy or is this really that friggin good?

The only real weakness of album is last track 8 which is just a 7 minute dark ambient noise instrumental, I may skip this in future playbacks.............

I will give it a good listen tonight and get back to you soon...
Either way, the deluxe packaging is pure gold!

Aug 14, 2006 at 11:10 AM Post #1,260 of 2,645
Anyone heard of Sad Legend? Highly underrated melodic black metal band from South Korea. They remind me of early Arcturus (aspera hiems symfonia era) and early Emperor, though more devastating and doomy than the former and more accessible than the latter. Broad sweeping synth and guitar melodies that do not come across as pretentious, this is symphonic black metal done right, and some bands can learn a thing or two from these guys (*cough* dimmu *cough*). Rich, powerful black metal shrieks are coupled with forlorn operatic clean vocals all done in Korean, which to me makes a powerful aesthetic statement. Seriously, check these guys out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back