Darkest desires part 2
Sep 7, 2003 at 4:08 PM Post #1,051 of 1,066
Quote:

Originally posted by DarkAngel
I still have no clue what you are looking for............what does the term "technical" describe when referring to music?

They play difficult ****. Is that clear enough?
biggrin.gif

Sep 8, 2003 at 12:06 PM Post #1,053 of 1,066
Quote:

Originally posted by Nicwix
Ah ha
At last a CD I really like that someone hasn't mentioned previously - "No Reply" by Daylight Dies.
See Daylight Dies page at Amazon
Also their homepage - great website
Check it out - they're good ...

Nix

A new fledgling arrives................greetings Nix
I checked the samples at Amazon and it sounds pretty good, a bit doomy reminds me of middle period PARADISE LOST around the "Icon" album, never heard of them before your mention (probably because they are a USA band)

Anything else we should be aware of?

Sep 8, 2003 at 2:29 PM Post #1,055 of 1,066
hey Nach
I liked the 1st SILENTIUM album I got and will order some more, cool stuff.........for fans of Therion etc. Next up is "altum" album and then newest release.

As far as WICKED,
very good if we eliminate 1st track and last 3 minutes of last track,
opening gave me bad memories if cheesy Bal Saggoth stuff but things got much better and tracks 2-9 are like Kovenant "animatronic" which I really like.

Sep 8, 2003 at 2:51 PM Post #1,056 of 1,066
Quote:

Originally posted by Nacher
Ram-Zet!

I find their vocalist to be annoying: he sounds like the guy from Melt Banana if he were to distort his voice [if you're curious, download the song Iguana In Trouble and post your impressions].
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 8, 2003 at 3:30 PM Post #1,057 of 1,066
Sorry Nacher
Usually I am in agreement with you, but I did try one RAM ZET album and didn't like it
frown.gif

(this was not the one with hole in head photo, other one)

I'm with MK on this one, not bad but with some much other great stuff no time for it.

Sep 8, 2003 at 5:19 PM Post #1,058 of 1,066
Darkangel, you started Silentium with Infinita Plango Vulnera? Strange, as I always tend to try new bands with their latest albums. All the Silentium albums are worthy though, except maybe the MCD with the ultimately impossible-to-spell-right name. I don't like Ram-Zet's first album that much either, though the newest album is not dramatically different. Just better, more catchy and more polished. Maybe you should try downloading some tracks from Escape and try them out or you can wait for video of "Queen" to come online on Ram-Zet pages.

I still have to strongly recommend Melechesh and Rapture. I have only the newest albums of both, so can't comment on the older ones, though I did order Rapture - Futile. Rapture's newest features vocal lines which almost challenge Åkerfeldt, and the songs combine the best elements on BMD era Katatonia and older Sentenced. I should be receiving my Futile in a few days, so I'll see if it's as good.

It's rare for me to like such a straight forward and brutal album as Melechesh - Sphynx, but the arabic influences, complex song structures and the pure skill of the band make a lot of similar scandinavian bands loko pale in comparision. Haven't seen a single bad review about this one yet.

Sep 8, 2003 at 6:57 PM Post #1,059 of 1,066
Will be interseting to see if Dan Swano can recapture the EDGE OF SANITY magic again with new "crimson II" two release, my copy should arrive soon.

I read that Swano originally intended the BLOODBATH project to be more melodic, but when you get many individual talents together hard to totally control the direction of final product, and result was more extreme than originally intended.

The revival of EOS will provide vehicle for Dan's more melodic dark metal vision.............I just hope it is not a disappointment like OPETH's Damnation was
frown.gif

Sep 8, 2003 at 7:04 PM Post #1,060 of 1,066
You're fighting a losing battle by claiming that Damnation was a dissapointment, heh. I have been thinking about ordering Crimson 2 too. Once you get it, post your impressions about it, heh.

EDIT :

Ah, finally found Vinterland - Welcome My Last Chapter. Too bad it's from a netstore which has totally sucky service. I hope to get that album during this year.

Sep 25, 2008 at 9:52 AM Post #1,061 of 1,066
DA, you're not? [!!]

Nov 10, 2008 at 7:09 AM Post #1,062 of 1,066
Some news and downloads :

Gorgoroth Black Metal Documentary

Gorgoroth are going to participate in a documentary concerning Norwegian Black Metal. The recordings start at the “under the hole in the sky”-fest, which takes place on the 8/30/03. The documentary is supposed to be an international film. It will mainly focus on three bands: Darkthrone, Satyricon and Gorgoroth.

Stratovarius New Song Online

MP3 : http://www.stratovarius.com/i_walk.mp3
Artwork :

Moonspell: New Song

"In And Above Men," a brand new MOONSPELL track from the upcoming forth album The Antidote (due out in North America on October 21st), is now available from this link: www.centurymedia.com/moonspell/tracks/above.mp3

Jun 18, 2009 at 10:15 PM Post #1,063 of 1,066
Quote:

Originally posted by mrkun
DA, you're not? [!!]

No............I am too old for that type of stuff
very_evil_smiley.gif

KR
Sounds like very cool film...........I realy like early period SATYRICON and GORGOROTH much more than Darkthrone/Burzum
as I was explaing to MrKun when I showed my top 20 list.

Lets send our crack reporter NACHER over to the cover the story and report back to us (like he did for Tuska festival, he he)

Jul 4, 2009 at 12:59 PM Post #1,064 of 1,066
Quote:

Originally posted by DarkAngel
No............I am too old for that type of stuff
very_evil_smiley.gif

Bah, you're never too old.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back