Dark Souls!
Jan 30, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #76 of 299
Darkmoon can be fun if you invade in the right places. In the Kiln during certain times you can invade someone before you get to the first black knight. I also like to get invaded by Darkwraiths, only if I'm prepared though. Nothing's worse being invaded with your pants down your ankles. Then that familiar panic sets in. I always get a rush when invading someone, no battle is ever the same for me. 

I usually ignore people that send messages as bait for further trash talking. Those couple of gestures you can do after killing someone are suffice enough for trash talking I think. I tried to blow a guy off a cliff once and didn't hit him right with my blast, then I started sprinting after him and accidentally fell off the cliff and he messaged me like "haha noob lolz" or something. I mean I guess if you do fall off a cliff and die that way it's impossible to see them do a gesture (I always try to bow but have my moments, only if the guy was being disrespectul. I don't understand why some players do not bow before combat starts.), so maybe that's why he messaged me. What a troll.

Jan 30, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #77 of 299
Well, I also ignored messages but I have to agree occasionally I'm surprised bu people who want to trade. I was so happy when this one guy wanted titanite slabs and demon titanite and offered me blue titanite that I gave him 10 demon titanite for free. I usually like to PvP in the forest covenant coz I can be anywhere and just get summoned and it happens relatively often. I prefer this way more than just sitting in the Arena waiting for players to come. It's also nice that a lot of people just stay in the forest for PvP, so I can get rematches. I have to admit though that being invaded in Dark Souls doesn't scare me at all - I might just die while in Demon's Souls it was way scarier - going more towards black tendency, which was pretty hard and no bonfires and shortcuts around.

Jan 31, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #78 of 299
I didn't like PvP in Demon's Souls at all. Maybe I just never got the hang of it or never learned any strategies besides simple dueling but I always had my ass handed to me and it just wasn't enjoyable. It's a crapshoot with Dark Souls. If I sense I'm gonna lose a match I switch tactics and try and surprise my opponent which maybe half the time works. I've successfully killed off teams of gankers this way. That always feels satisfying.

Blade of the Darkmoon also has a ring that will summon you from anywhere to someone's Dark Anor Londo (only happens when you kill Gwynevere or Gwyndolin). I really like the setting and atmosphere of Anor Londo, especially dark, so I'm gonna have a hard time joining another covenant. I mean ALL of Anor Londo is avaialable for you to use. And I like it cause you can invade literally anyone, no matter what level they are. I was part of the forest hunters but that was a while ago and didn't really think outside the box about PvP. I've been thinking of trying other covenants. The gravelord servant intrigues me.

Also, why are the majority of people's names in Dark Souls, 2838Hjerry1234 or some nonsense? Do they not fill in proper usernames? I really don't know if the name that appears on screen whenever you invade or are invaded is the name for your specific character or the account username for your ps3 account. I guess if they automatically use the ps3 username it's understandable as people just probably type in gibberish or one is made up for them by the ps3.

Feb 1, 2013 at 2:59 PM Post #80 of 299
Have you ever tried the Balder Side Sword? I remember leveling that up some and feeling that it was weak and pretty bad overall.
Got it to +14 and got my STR/DEX to 40 and then it got really good. Probably one of my favorites now despite it being only 393 dmg or so.

It destroys those Dark Wraiths on NG+ so easily at +14. Even easier than using the Zweihander+14. No backstab required.

I also got a Titanite Slab (FINALLY) and upgraded it to +15. I think Longsword+15 might be close to being as good, but much shorter.

It also took me forever to realize Giant's armor is much better than Havel's for my play style. I got the body upgraded so it has 115 DEF instead of like 92 for the Havels.

Most disappointing weapon for me was getting the Lightning Gargoyle Halberd+14. It uses less stamina than the Black Knight Halberd+5, but seems much weaker despite having the same damage rating.

Thinking of getting the Lightning Winged Spear to +5 next.

Any other good weapons that are very overlooked?

I wonder if there's any weapon that can killed those Dark Wraiths on NG+ with one hit..probably not. I mean without backstab etc.

I read on Youtube that slabs/chunks drop more often when you're in human form. Do you agree with this?

Feb 1, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #81 of 299
Quote:
Have you ever tried the Balder Side Sword? I remember leveling that up some and feeling that it was weak and pretty bad overall.
Got it to +14 and got my STR/DEX to 40 and then it got really good. Probably one of my favorites now despite it being only 393 dmg or so.

It destroys those Dark Wraiths on NG+ so easily at +14. Even easier than using the Zweihander+14. No backstab required.

I also got a Titanite Slab (FINALLY) and upgraded it to +15. I think Longsword+15 might be close to being as good, but much shorter.

It also took me forever to realize Giant's armor is much better than Havel's for my play style. I got the body upgraded so it has 115 DEF instead of like 92 for the Havels.

Most disappointing weapon for me was getting the Lightning Gargoyle Halberd+14. It uses less stamina than the Black Knight Halberd+5, but seems much weaker despite having the same damage rating.

Thinking of getting the Lightning Winged Spear to +5 next.

Any other good weapons that are very overlooked? Depends on your build, if you are already 40/40 on dex/strength, then it just come down whether or not you don't mind the equip burden or attack speed, btw stop turning things to lightning, better to use a lightning buff

I wonder if there's any weapon that can killed those Dark Wraiths on NG+ with one hit..probably not. I mean without backstab etc. I am pretty sure they are a 2-hit once at NG+

I read on Youtube that slabs/chunks drop more often when you're in human form. Do you agree with this? no it depends on humanity

Feb 1, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #82 of 299
You'll get more drops when your item discovery is increased. Wearing the gold serpent ring or wearing that evil treasure chest thing (stacking with both doesn't increase it) will bring it up to 300 I think, then holding 10 humanity (undead or human) will bump it up to a max of 410. I do this when farming for humanity in Tomb of the Giants with those baby skeletons.

Derp, did you just mean the chance it will randomly be a slab? Don't know if having a higher item discovery would do that.

Feb 2, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #83 of 299
Balder Side Sword is a really good weapon. Is it recomendend a lot because it does good damage and is fast,

I tend to prefer Uchigatana,  I like its moveset more, but Balder is good too. When wearing Uchi/Balder type swords I usually go for DEX/INT builds. Uchigatana-+Crystal Magic Wapon =  Boss Killer.

For PvP im more confortable with Claymores though.

Feb 2, 2013 at 5:19 PM Post #84 of 299
Today I finally stopped farming and went to kill Sif. This didn't really go as planned on NG+. The first time I tried to kill him on my first playthrough and he died before he even got a chance to jump out of the way. This time I seriously didn't even know the whole strategy yet, so it took me two tries. That huge sword on NG+ like cuts my stamina in half with one swing. Finally killed him with Black Halberd+5. I tried a regular sword at first but that was a complete fail. Actually it took me 3 tries. I died within 20 seconds the first time. Don't ask me how! 2nd time I had him down to like 5%.

On Four Kings on NG+ I figured i'd be stupid and use my Baldur Side Sword+15 for "fun". On the first one it was going badly, but I wasn't moving around as much as I should have it seems. His worst attack hits me pretty hard. Somehow I killed them on the first try again, but yet Ornstein kills like 30 times in a row on NG+. On the first playthrough I was down to my last flask and this time I had 4 left, but I accidentally spammed them during the fight.

I did have +5 full Giant's armor, so that might have helped a bit.

Feb 3, 2013 at 9:14 PM Post #85 of 299
On NG+ , killing Four Kings are much more pain than on New Game. Should have heed the warnings on the forums.

My trusty Murakumo+15 really does the job throughout the NG+, only Kalameet and Gwyn to beat and I think I'm finishing Dark Souls. Dead Space 3 and SimCity coming my way and I know they will eat lots of my gaming hours!

Feb 3, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #86 of 299
It's weird, I didn't think ANY areas were that much tougher on NG+ (except for bosses) until I got to the Catacombs and Tomb of Giants.
In the Catabombs on my first playthrough I could EASILY kill any of those skeletons with my Divine Club+5 (so they remain dead), but this time doing that with a group of 3 is a bad idea.
I had to put more of an effort into killing the enemies in the area that makes them respawn.

Catacombs was kind of frustrating this time for some reason. The skeletons go down fast with any weapon, but not with my crappy Divine Club+5. Should have made a better one.
I swear it took like 10 hits for each one to die. With my main weapons, just two.

Tomb of Giants is a bit tougher, but only slightly. I can no longer kill those Giant skeletons in 2 hits.
I also realized that the first time through I had totally missed the 2nd bonfire! Oops.

Killing the Gravelord Nito is just a messy affair for me. Half the time I don't know what the heck i'm hitting and I just spam flasks when needed until he's dead. Most of the time I'm out of stamina (which is capped).
Nito and Pinwheel I killed on the first try on NG+.

I have to say that I HATE getting invaded. I've only gottan invaded twice so far and it's when I least expect it and end up dying.
I think people who invade me must be the types who know how to parry and backstab every single opening without error. Probably people on NG++++++ with 7000 hours.
I lost each time. I was on my way to fighting Nito and was half dead and it just had to happen. I ended up pulling my Wi-Fi out. I just want to play offline danggit and not be bothered!!
I'll get revenge someday and invade others just to annoy them. Maybe i'll actually win.

Oh and I also found out Richard's Rapier is kind of fun to use. Going to cap it at +14. I also got Murakumo to drop twice in a row in tomb of giants. This was after farming for it in the graveyard a ton of times.

I think I need to find another game to spend my time in. Sometimes I think I'm too engrossed in trying out all the weapons and upgrading them...I'm definitely NOT doing NG++.
It would be interesting to start over and see if I can beat the gargoyles on my first try. I bet i'll fly through everything the 2nd time around (with a completely new game).

Maybe i'll try Farcry 3 also...

Sadly this game makes me miss Final Fantasy XI (online) only a bit... that game is an even worse time sink though. It's a good thing they have released the new online final fantasy for the PS3 yet..

Feb 4, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #87 of 299
Quote:
It's weird, I didn't think ANY areas were that much tougher on NG+ (except for bosses) until I got to the Catacombs and Tomb of Giants.
In the Catabombs on my first playthrough I could EASILY kill any of those skeletons with my Divine Club+5 (so they remain dead), but this time doing that with a group of 3 is a bad idea.
I had to put more of an effort into killing the enemies in the area that makes them respawn.

Catacombs was kind of frustrating this time for some reason. The skeletons go down fast with any weapon, but not with my crappy Divine Club+5. Should have made a better one.
I swear it took like 10 hits for each one to die. With my main weapons, just two.

Tomb of Giants is a bit tougher, but only slightly. I can no longer kill those Giant skeletons in 2 hits.
I also realized that the first time through I had totally missed the 2nd bonfire! Oops.

Killing the Gravelord Nito is just a messy affair for me. Half the time I don't know what the heck i'm hitting and I just spam flasks when needed until he's dead. Most of the time I'm out of stamina (which is capped).
Nito and Pinwheel I killed on the first try on NG+.

I have to say that I HATE getting invaded. I've only gottan invaded twice so far and it's when I least expect it and end up dying.
I think people who invade me must be the types who know how to parry and backstab every single opening without error. Probably people on NG++++++ with 7000 hours.
I lost each time. I was on my way to fighting Nito and was half dead and it just had to happen. I ended up pulling my Wi-Fi out. I just want to play offline danggit and not be bothered!!
I'll get revenge someday and invade others just to annoy them. Maybe i'll actually win.

Oh and I also found out Richard's Rapier is kind of fun to use. Going to cap it at +14. I also got Murakumo to drop twice in a row in tomb of giants. This was after farming for it in the graveyard a ton of times.

I think I need to find another game to spend my time in. Sometimes I think I'm too engrossed in trying out all the weapons and upgrading them...I'm definitely NOT doing NG++.
It would be interesting to start over and see if I can beat the gargoyles on my first try. I bet i'll fly through everything the 2nd time around (with a completely new game).

Maybe i'll try Farcry 3 also...

Sadly this game makes me miss Final Fantasy XI (online) only a bit... that game is an even worse time sink though. It's a good thing they have released the new online final fantasy for the PS3 yet..

try the pvp out first, its one of the main reasons why online servers stay alive and keep the game exciting, look at demon souls, that game is still alive even though its so old already

Feb 4, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #88 of 299
Agreed. I'm not really interested in playing the actual "game" anymore, every once in a while I set aside some time to get a few good PvP battles in on the weekend.

I find it odd that I'm just now realizing some weapons are better once you hit a certain level. I wish to dear god I had more strength now cause I want to wield the beast that is the Grant, something I unwittingly picked up from Paladin Leroy when I killed him Tomb of the Giants. Its weight's 24, have to have a 50 strength, heaviest weapon in the game save for Smough's Hammer. And evidently has a special R2 attack similar to Wrath of the Gods but better. Want.

Feb 4, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #89 of 299
High faith requirement too, but atleast it scales high

Feb 5, 2013 at 1:31 AM Post #90 of 299
Maybe I play Dark Souls too much... logged over 200 hours, multiple 200+ lvl characters, every achievement and can run through the game in like 4-5 hours with a friend :p.  I've just been sooo addicted to it and the fact that I PVP all the time like a fiend.  Gets to be tons of fun when you get good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back