Dark Side o/t Moon New SACD date AND vinyl!
Feb 1, 2003 at 12:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

smokey

500+ Head-Fier
I just received the following message from Acoustic Sounds:

"We told you last week about the forthcoming SACD version of this classic (DSOTM). Now EMI has announced VINYL to boot!! The street date for both formats has been announced as March 25, pushing the original release schedule of the SACD back from March 3.

By all industry standards, The Dark Side Of The Moon is a phenomenon. Known for its complex instrumental textures, the album firmly established Pink Floyd as one of the most innovative bands in rock history. Since its release in 1973, The Dark Side Of The Moon has sold over 40 million albums and spent an incredible 741 weeks on Billboard’s Album Chart.

Vinyl (in its original packaging) will include an extra 30th anniversary poster by Storm Thorgerson."

Sweeeeet!

Feb 1, 2003 at 6:14 AM Post #2 of 6
count me in as one sucker who will have to have both the vinyl and the sacd, even though I still don't have a platter to spin the vinyl. I'm such a sucker for these $pecial releases!

Feb 1, 2003 at 7:54 AM Post #3 of 6
Thanks for the tip, but the best thing about visiting the site ("Acoustic Sounds" isn't that kind of a dumb name? Like "Cuisine Foods") was the chance to win some Martin Logans which I did sign up for (with one of my several sideline yahoo email accounts, naturally).

Feb 1, 2003 at 9:33 PM Post #4 of 6
The 'Logans are mine!
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 1, 2003 at 10:12 PM Post #5 of 6
I too feel compelled to purchase the vinyl and SACD editions....I mean, the poster's what did it; it convinced me to order both.

hey, anyone see the cover they (acousticsounds.com) show for the DSOM SACD release? I dunno about you, but I'm not too sure i buy into the new stained-glass look. What were they thinking?? the orig DSOM cover is classic!

....itd be like painting the Green Monster blue......or replacing the brick wall and vines at wriggly with a padded wall with geraniums on the top.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back