Dark psytrance
Oct 5, 2011 at 2:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

those_stairs

Head-Fier
Couldn't find a thread about this sub genre of psychedelic trance. Is it really that underground?

Some good darkpsy tracks (acceptable quality for being youtube videos):

Oct 5, 2011 at 4:48 PM Post #2 of 5
I believe I may have something up your alley...

I'm into psytrance and a lot of other electronica in general. This is probably the closest I have to that particular subgenre.

Excellent stuff though.

Feb 24, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #5 of 5
there are different ideas of dark psy, evolving with the time (very quickly).
nowdays dark psy artists are names such as Furious, Cosmo, Terranoise, Orestis, Kindzadza and even Psykovsky to some extent (although woldnt call his music psytrance really).

then there's forest - organic psy where the main artists are Atriohm, Ajja, Electrypnose (very eclectic)..would raccomend Parvati, Peak, Blue Hours Sound, Sanaton and Psynon records.

Absolutely mindblowing music in my opinion, especially the forest-organic bit. Ajja is really a top producer, would raccomend his chill out production too, together with the peaking goodness collective, basically the top 4 artists of peak recs producing a mostly downtempo album together, with live instruments.
I also love slackbaba production but it's off topic as it's more psydub/psybreaks stuff.

there are some real gems in psytrance..pity for the "trance" bit that is misleading as it has nothing to do with knobs such as tiesto, eskimo, infected mushrooms and so on..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back