Dark Knight sequel release date confirmed for 2012
May 4, 2010 at 1:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

DeusEx

Headphoneus Supremus
Release Date for Christopher Nolan’s Next ‘Batman’ Film Set | The Flickcast

Quote:

Even though they’ve tried as long as possible to avoid releasing anything like “official” word on the film and haven’t really even confirmed one is coming at all, it seem Warner Bros. has finally decided to let the cat, er bat, out of the bag and give some information most everyone assumed was inevitable. The studio has set July 20, 2012 as the release date for the third Christopher Nolan-directed Batman movie, the sequel to 2008’s The Dark Knight.

Let it begin.

YouTube - The Dark Knight (Ending Scene)

Quote:

"Because he's the hero that Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. And so we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero, he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector, a Dark Knight."

May 4, 2010 at 2:28 AM Post #2 of 30
That quote is epic. Can't wait to see the continuation of one of the most epic movies all of all time.

May 4, 2010 at 3:21 AM Post #5 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusEx;6607224[B
Question:[/B] For some reason, wrapping Youtube tags around the vid link won't work (it's the last minute of Dark Knight with the epic quote) - any tips?

Only use the v tag in the youtube wrap: "oL7PSlUuWPs" for that particular video.

--

That's too far off for me to become frothy. Now what about Inception? I'm really excited about that.

May 4, 2010 at 4:25 AM Post #6 of 30
The question I must ask is, can they actually release a quality transfer for the thrid film on blu ray.

May 4, 2010 at 4:35 AM Post #7 of 30
What!?!? The worlds is gonna end before we can even watch this.

May 4, 2010 at 5:00 AM Post #8 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by beamthegreat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh my god... THIS MAN IS RIGHT! Quick, if anyone sees John Cusack, jump in his van and lets drive over a destructive planetary discombobulation!

But seriously, awful movie-- not Batman, 2012.

Oh, and Batman 3 is going to be awesome. I know there were rumors about the Riddler in the new one, but I'm skeptical as they have yet to feature a villain that was in those terrible Batman & Robin movies. But I say they bring back Jim Carey as the Riddler and throw him into this new theme-- it'll keep things interesting!

May 4, 2010 at 5:11 AM Post #9 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by beamthegreat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No, no, no: the world is supposed to end on winter solstice 2012. You'll definitely be able to watch the world end content with the fact that, all else aside, at least you got to see the sequel to The Dark Knight.
wink.gif

May 4, 2010 at 12:26 PM Post #10 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Landis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh my god... THIS MAN IS RIGHT! Quick, if anyone sees John Cusack, jump in his van and lets drive over a destructive planetary discombobulation!

Oh, and Batman 3 is going to be awesome. I know there were rumors about the Riddler in the new one, but I'm skeptical as they have yet to feature a villain that was in those terrible Batman & Robin movies. But I say they bring back Jim Carey as the Riddler and throw him into this new theme-- it'll keep things interesting!

Johnny Depp would make a great Riddler.

May 4, 2010 at 12:29 PM Post #11 of 30
My vote is actually for Catwoman, but I think I'm in the minority. I just think she's potentially the best fit for Nolan's world if you create some sort of appropriately dark backstory for her.

So psyched....

May 4, 2010 at 12:32 PM Post #12 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by appophylite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, no, no: the world is supposed to end on winter solstice 2012. You'll definitely be able to watch the world end content with the fact that, all else aside, at least you got to see the sequel to The Dark Knight.
wink.gif

Thanks for clearing that up! now I can rest better that I'll get to watch the new Dark Knight movie before the world is gone.. haha

There has to be something with Two-Face now since he's been introduced. I would like to see the Riddler but don't know who would make a good one.

May 4, 2010 at 1:20 PM Post #13 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Landis /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Actually I agree! Batman Forever was quite bad, watchable (unlike Batman & Robin) but still bad. However Jim Carrey was excellent Riddler. Perfect actor for demented and obsessed villain like Riddler. I think Johnny Depp would be great too, but we know Jim Carrey can already pull it off with quality.

Its sad that Heath Ledger died though, unless we can find an actor that doesnt look too different from him and can act like Heaths version of Joker, we'll never see Batmans archnemesis again and this will also render possible Harley Quinn cameos impossible.

May 4, 2010 at 1:25 PM Post #14 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by AmanGeorge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My vote is actually for Catwoman, but I think I'm in the minority. I just think she's potentially the best fit for Nolan's world if you create some sort of appropriately dark backstory for her.

So psyched....

Actually thats also excellent idea. But not as sole villain. I think Catwoman has always been sort of antihero in Batman series and comics as she isnt exactly vile person like batman villains in general. A catburglar with sort off romance triangle between Batman and Bruce Wayne, and at the times even helps Batman in his missions.

May 4, 2010 at 1:36 PM Post #15 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually I agree! Batman Forever was quite bad, watchable (unlike Batman & Robin) but still bad. However Jim Carrey was excellent Riddler. Perfect actor for demented and obsessed villain like Riddler. I think Johnny Depp would be great too, but we know Jim Carrey can already pull it off with quality.

Its sad that Heath Ledger died though, unless we can find an actor that doesnt look too different from him and can act like Heaths version of Joker, we'll never see Batmans archnemesis again and this will also render possible Harley Quinn cameos impossible.

Actually, I would figure since Harley practically devotes herself to the Joker throughout the comics, it wouldn't be too hard to cast her as seeking revenge on behalf of The Joker and continuing his rampage as his protege (real or self-claimed). But I do agree that The Riddler currently seems to make the most sense in this particular series of Batman movies as the next villain. Or Bane, if Nolan can figure out how to write him into his vision and cast him as equal or greater than Batman in intellect (not the way he was ruined in the earlier movie he was in).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back