dared mp5 tube amp
Nov 12, 2012 at 3:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

reddragon

Headphoneus Supremus
hi, my friend recently lent me this dared mp5 tube amp and i want to try it with my ipod, how do i connect it with my ipod? i tried to connect it the usb way and it didnt work... my ipod is the current ipod classic, thank you.

Feb 24, 2013 at 3:36 AM Post #2 of 5
It's USB uses a USB type A to type A connector cable to connect to a computer.
The Burr Brown DAC in the Dared is a standard device and should work for most modern computers operating systems.
For an Ipod you would need to connect from the headphone out on the Ipod to the RCA audio line-in input jacks on the rear of the Dared.  You will need a headphone to Stereo RCA Audio in cable.
Flip the switch on the back selecting the RCA audio line-in input jacks.

Power on and enjoy

Feb 25, 2013 at 6:37 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
It's USB uses a USB type A to type A connector cable to connect to a computer.
The Burr Brown DAC in the Dared is a standard device and should work for most modern computers operating systems.
For an Ipod you would need to connect from the headphone out on the Ipod to the RCA audio line-in input jacks on the rear of the Dared.  You will need a headphone to Stereo RCA Audio in cable.
Flip the switch on the back selecting the RCA audio line-in input jacks.

Power on and enjoy

now when i want to use it, i just use it with my ibasso dx100 but thanks for trying to help, appreciate it 
wink.gif

Mar 10, 2013 at 5:14 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

now when i want to use it, i just use it with my ibasso dx100 but thanks for trying to help, appreciate it 
wink.gif

Cool, that works.  Just wanted to bring up the strange USB A to USB A connector.  It also does  not like very low impedance headphones.  XB700s makes it HUM, but Sennhieser 558s are fine.  Hope yours is rockin. 

Mar 10, 2013 at 7:37 AM Post #5 of 5
its not mine, its my friend's though im still holding it. i dont use it often because theres quite a bit of noise. my dx100 also stopped functioning today. and about the ipod dock to usb, i think the amp is not compatible with idevice so thats why it doesnt work. if i connect the ipods headphone jack to the amp via rca cable, it will work but then i will be double amping... when i used the amp, i used the beyer dt990, i prefer my fiio e17 over it because of the noise issue. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back