DAPs with equaliser visualisations
Mar 20, 2011 at 5:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

tarcalion

Head-Fier
Hello,

I'm wondering if there are any DAPs with visualisations in the form of graphical equalisers. I think I have seen a player with this somewhere (the Samsung P3 springs to mind, although I'm not sure) but my J3 sure doesn't have it - one of its few flaws.

So, does anyone know of such a device? Sound quality doesn't matter. I just want to know which ones are out there.
dt880smile.png

Mar 20, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #2 of 11

Quote:
Hello,

I'm wondering if there are any DAPs with visualisations in the form of graphical equalisers. I think I have seen a player with this somewhere (the Samsung P3 springs to mind, although I'm not sure) but my J3 sure doesn't have it - one of its few flaws.

So, does anyone know of such a device? Sound quality doesn't matter. I just want to know which ones are out there.
dt880smile.png

iPod Touch 4G with the Equalizer and EQu apps.

Mar 20, 2011 at 7:01 PM Post #3 of 11
So they do display a visualisation, and not only provide an EQ? The EQ is not important, I'm only looking for an EQ GRAPHIC which acts as a VISUALISATION to the music, like the ones in Foobar, MediaMonkey and J. River.

Mar 20, 2011 at 7:08 PM Post #4 of 11

Quote:
So they do display a visualisation, and not only provide an EQ? The EQ is not important, I'm only looking for an EQ GRAPHIC which acts as a VISUALISATION to the music, like the ones in Foobar, MediaMonkey and J. River.

Yes, they do supply a visualization. If that is all you're looking for, the visualization in EQu is better looking.....here's an example.

The blue was the visualization, the yellow dots were my EQ setting. That said, EQu has been updated since then, so it won't look exactly like that picture, but you get the idea. The EQ can be left flat so that all you see is the visualization.

Mar 21, 2011 at 2:17 AM Post #7 of 11
I've been using EQu on my iPad and I LOVE it. Looks so good, and works.

Does the J3 actually have a custom EQ setting? Nevermind the visuals.

Quote:
Yes, they do supply a visualization. If that is all you're looking for, the visualization in EQu is better looking.....here's an example.

The blue was the visualization, the yellow dots were my EQ setting. That said, EQu has been updated since then, so it won't look exactly like that picture, but you get the idea. The EQ can be left flat so that all you see is the visualization.

Mar 21, 2011 at 2:39 AM Post #8 of 11
Mar 21, 2011 at 1:25 PM Post #11 of 11
Okay. Wrong wording. How does the custom EQ work on a J3? I've only seen EQ presets in videos. Which sure is an EQ, but not what I'm looking for. Having never used one I don't know.

Back off a little

EDIT: I finally found a video that shows a little of the actual custom stuff and I'm not sure if I like it very much. I might be on the same quest you're on right now. After using Foobar for quite some time, and EQu a little on my iPad, I really want the visualization.

OK, the P3 it is then. :)

To the fellow asking if the J3 has a custom EQ setting ...

... are you kidding me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back