DAPper's help out an old man looking for a player...
Oct 28, 2003 at 3:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

gbeard

100+ Head-Fier
Howdy all,

I just recently entered the realm with my new Zen Nx/PX200 combo. I am really happy with my choices except for the screen and the lack of line out. You portable headfiers were instrumental in helping me make a decision--and a good one too.
biggrin.gif

Now I need some more recommendations. I have decided to buy an MP3 player for both my 20 year old daughter and 17 year old son for Christmas.

I am thinking about a 256meg player and a pair of PX100 headphones for a nice little system. I don't want to buy PX200's partly due to the additional cost, but mostly because I want my kids to be able to hear the oncoming traffic while skateboarding. Not kidding...

I would like to stay around $200 for the total package. Sound quality is high on the priority list, as well as small size, ease of use, and the largest amount of memory for the money. I don't have time to check out everything out there, so if you guys (gals?) can get me on the right track with a few recommended players, I would truely appreciate the help.

Cheers, gb

Oct 28, 2003 at 2:59 PM Post #2 of 7
I recommend Creative Lab's Nomad Muvo NX. It should have all the features you're looking for and good quality sound (as with most Creative products). They have it listed for $199 for the 256MB version, but I'm sure you can find it cheaper if you shop around.

CREATIVE NOMAD MUVO NX

wink.gif

Oct 28, 2003 at 3:17 PM Post #3 of 7
Looks like the newest MuVo is going for around $169 at eCost for the 256 model. Should handle 3 albums with high bitrate MP3's. The iRiver iFP-190T is going for $149 at Amazon at the moment. $7 more at Office Depot.

Oct 29, 2003 at 12:47 AM Post #5 of 7
I agree. I see stupid people walking/running around with headphones blasting in NY everyday. They're a hazard to themselves and others both pedestrian and traffic.

Oct 29, 2003 at 1:29 AM Post #6 of 7
I guess I was a bit misleading...I meant I wasn't kidding about them being safe while wearing headphones, not actually skateboarding with them on. Sorry!
redface.gif
biggrin.gif

I just saw a new Iriver player that is a 512meg for $245. Has anyone seen it for less?

Oct 29, 2003 at 2:10 AM Post #7 of 7
Keep in mind the 1.5 gig Nitrus has been seen for $199. See here for two places. You're back to a hard drive player, but a lot more space, and rumored to be a great sounding player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back