DAP without wireless capabilities
Sep 25, 2017 at 1:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Pablosammy

Head-Fier
Due to the nature of my work, we're not allowed devices with wireless capabilities (bluetooth, wifi, 3g/4g etc) on site. This obviously rules out my mobile, and most of the latest Hi Res capable DAPs on the market. At the moment I'm using an old iPod classic, but as it has no digital out, I can't use it with my Mojo and I find the quality a bit lacking.

Is there anything on the market at the moment WITHOUT wireless but WITH some kind of digital out?

Sep 25, 2017 at 10:45 AM Post #4 of 14
Due to the nature of my work, we're not allowed devices with wireless capabilities (bluetooth, wifi, 3g/4g etc) on site. This obviously rules out my mobile, and most of the latest Hi Res capable DAPs on the market. At the moment I'm using an old iPod classic, but as it has no digital out, I can't use it with my Mojo and I find the quality a bit lacking.

Is there anything on the market at the moment WITHOUT wireless but WITH some kind of digital out?

Opus #1 would be my choice, if you can't quite afford that the ATC Hifi HDA-DP20 is a good choice too :)

Sep 25, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #7 of 14
Opus #1 all the way, it is the best price/performance/feature ratio at the current 300-350$ pricepoint. And it has VERY GOOD battery life, given its small size.
Cowon has good models but starting at a 600$ pricepoint and lower storage capacity.

Sep 25, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #8 of 14
Opus #1 all the way, it is the best price/performance/feature ratio at the current 300-350$ pricepoint. And it has VERY GOOD battery life, given its small size.
Cowon has good models but starting at a 600$ pricepoint and lower storage capacity.
I'm struggling to find anywhere that sells it! I'm in the UK. The official website sells it at $600 before any import taxes are added.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #9 of 14
I'm struggling to find anywhere that sells it! I'm in the UK. The official website sells it at $600 before any import taxes are added.
You unfortunately miised a 299$ Massdrop sales with Opus #1, it disappeared on the day I posted here.

We still have a popular website in France selling it at 349€ (Son-video), I wonder whether they can ship to the UK.

Sep 27, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #11 of 14
I got mine there, they are nice people, although they only have decent prices during sales and for clearances.

Sep 27, 2017 at 2:22 PM Post #12 of 14
Wow, until last week they were available from amp3, hifiheadphones and amazon. Looks like you unfortunately missed the boat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back