DAP with User Replaceable Batteries
Dec 28, 2022 at 6:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

imackler

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey all! Are there any daps that have fairly easy to replace batteries? I know about the DX90; the AK JR isn't too bad either. But what about the current crop of under $500 daps? DX170? RS2? Fiio M11S? It's not a huge deal, but it would just be a nice feature. (I'm not opposed to getting special screwdrivers, but I don't want to have solder.) And, I don't mean like replaceable on-the-go, but like replaceable when the battery doesn't hold a long charge anymore.)

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2023 at 1:51 PM Post #3 of 4
As I know, in Shanling players it's quite easy to change the battery, because back glass is not glued to player's body, but it's glued to a plastic frame which is easy to remove, without the risk to damage the glass.

Attachments

• download (8).jpeg
    download (8).jpeg
    14.1 KB · Views: 0
Jun 3, 2023 at 6:16 AM Post #4 of 4
Hey all! Are there any daps that have fairly easy to replace batteries? I know about the DX90; the AK JR isn't too bad either. But what about the current crop of under $500 daps? DX170? RS2? Fiio M11S? It's not a huge deal, but it would just be a nice feature. (I'm not opposed to getting special screwdrivers, but I don't want to have solder.) And, I don't mean like replaceable on-the-go, but like replaceable when the battery doesn't hold a long charge anymore.)

I share your feelings that manufacturers should make it much easier to replace batteries in the devices they make. It's a dirty little unspoken 'secret' that failing batteries help drive sales of new devices. Apple certainly know this - it's a disgrace the shennanigans they get up to, to deliberately make it difficult to replace their iPod Touch batteries, (and their latest iPhones are outrageous in the extraordinary lengths Apple go to to stop even the most minor components being replaced. It's almost bordering on malice). Many independent service centers can no longer even obtain batteries for 5th,6th,7th gen models, for example.

I recently replaced the battery on my Cowon Plenue J. It's hardly rocket science, but but I wouldn't call it an easy task for the average man on the street (I'm no electronics whiz, myself).

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/new-model-cowon-plenue-j.864025/post-17561375

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back