DAP with high quality electronic audio components
Nov 21, 2017 at 8:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Bio-Rhythm

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

My Fiio X1 (1st gen) has become faulty (blank white screen and out of warranty) thus I'm looking for a new DAP.

Essentially I'm looking for a DAP that costs approx £250 or less (approx 330 dollars) that has the best electronic audio (DAC, AMP etc) components for that price range. Also with these features;
* Ability to power beyerdynamic DT1990 250 ohms full size headphones.
* Line out ( either separate out put socket or the headphone socket can be switched to line out) .
* Ability to create play lists on the device
* EQ
* File delete option
* Available in the UK

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #4 of 6
Hi and thanks for the suggestion.

Is there any DAP that is more compact than the IBasso DX80 whilst having a comparably high power output?. I've looked into many DAP's ( DAP fatigue) , though it's difficult comparing all the info on DAP's in relation to their ability to drive the DT1990, 250 ohm, headphones and have internal file deletion.

Currently I'm interested in the Cayin N3 as at least on the manufacturers web site they give a recommendation for headphone impedance between 16- 200 ohms ( thus maybe drive the DT1990 reasonably ) . Also I don't need any extra internal electronics (e.g. to use as a DAC for my PC) , just a solid reliable player ( with quality electronics) that's built to last much longer than the 12 months warranty. The Fiio x3 iii is interesting ( though again a little large for my preference), yet going by the Fiio fourms the Firmware is buggy. I could get a Fiio x3 ii , though I've read a few posts that suggest the blank white screen issue maybe something that's too common for my liking.

Any manufactures that provide longer than a 12 months warranty. As this may suggest that they have more confidence in the reliability of their products ?.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back