DAP with good SQ, nice U and large capacity...
Sep 28, 2012 at 10:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ReDDs3D

Head-Fier
Hi. My primary DAP at the moment is the iPod touch 2G 16GB and while it's serviceable. I really want to upgrade...the sound quality is decent on it, but the fact that it's only 16GB and .flac isn't supported really doesn't suit me. However, the UI is perfect for me...

Are there any good DAP's out there that offer great SQ (doesn't NEED to be audiophile grade), good UI, and large storage capacity (whether in the form of internal storage or microSD)? 

Other things I'd really like in a player (but are not 100% necessary)
-.flac support 
-able to support album art
-Good battery life
-Less than $150 USD (but I can spend more if it's worth it)

I've been looking at cowon players, sony walkmans, and the sansa's but can't make up my mind....

AND....if anything, should I just get an upgraded iPod touch? (I was thinking about converting my .flac's to ALAC soon anyways...)

Sep 28, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #2 of 7
The Cowon may be your best bet if you want all those features. Although I hear getting album art to show up can be a PITA. 

Sep 29, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #5 of 7
The Philips Go gear Muse offers great soundquality, 16Gb internal memorey, plays FLAC files and Micro SD card support with good battery life and large screen. The others DAPS like Samsung P3, Galaxy 3.6, 4.2, Cowon J3, Sony S766 are great buy.

Sep 30, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #6 of 7
The Philips Go gear Muse offers great soundquality, 16Gb internal memorey, plays FLAC files and Micro SD card support with good battery life and large screen. The others DAPS like Samsung P3, Galaxy 3.6, 4.2, Cowon J3, Sony S766 are great buy.

To be honest I've never heard of this player. But it looks really nice... I'll give this consideration.... Can it play ALAC as well? I am in the process of converting all my Flac to ALAC m4a for ease of use with my mac book, and for my future daps I would be needing that support

Sent from my HTC Desire V using Tapatalk 2

Sep 30, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #7 of 7

To be honest I've never heard of this player. But it looks really nice... I'll give this consideration.... Can it play ALAC as well? I am in the process of converting all my Flac to ALAC m4a for ease of use with my mac book, and for my future daps I would be needing that support

Sent from my HTC Desire V using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back