DAP with color LCD screen?
May 18, 2005 at 4:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ImMersion

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,

i havent been here in a while and the only DAP's i know about are the Creative daps, Rio Karma, Apples stuff and RCA daps. I hate sony ATRAC crap. I saw a few sites on the Cowon X5, and was wondering what other new Daps are there that have a color lcd screen and what is on the horizon??

It seems that the industry is going towards color screens and mpeg4 playback so i would like to start readin up on some new players. Im lookin to get familiar with the smaller names (or not so commercial names) in the mp3 player industry.

Im lookin mainly for 40gb or better drives, preferrably with a folder type architecture not playlist based but that is not a big deal.
recommend me some players to check out or any links to check out?

May 18, 2005 at 5:24 AM Post #2 of 9
Archos and iRiver have some players with nice color screens.
icon10.gif

May 18, 2005 at 5:24 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ImMersion
Hey guys,

i havent been here in a while and the only DAP's i know about are the Creative daps, Rio Karma, Apples stuff and RCA daps. I hate sony ATRAC crap. I saw a few sites on the Cowon X5, and was wondering what other new Daps are there that have a color lcd screen and what is on the horizon??

It seems that the industry is going towards color screens and mpeg4 playback so i would like to start readin up on some new players. Im lookin to get familiar with the smaller names (or not so commercial names) in the mp3 player industry.

Im lookin mainly for 40gb or better drives, preferrably with a folder type architecture not playlist based but that is not a big deal.
recommend me some players to check out or any links to check out?

If you are looking for mainly a good colour screen then look at Toshiba Gigabeat F-series.

May 18, 2005 at 4:34 PM Post #4 of 9
take a look at the iriver h340. It is 40gig, has a color screen and folder navigation is the best way to use it. and as a side benny the international version plays movies and the us one will if you put international firmware on it.

May 18, 2005 at 5:24 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by PachmanP
take a look at the iriver h340. It is 40gig, has a color screen and folder navigation is the best way to use it. and as a side benny the international version plays movies and the us one will if you put international firmware on it.

I would recommend the same thing. The iRover H340 seems to suit your needs with the color screen (that displays photos and plays videos) and folder based navigation. The only thing I don't like about the player is that it's a bit thick, though not too heavy.

biggrin.gif

May 18, 2005 at 5:33 PM Post #6 of 9
Any of the Archos models that handle video have huge [by comparison] colour screens.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 18, 2005 at 9:20 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
Any of the Archos models that handle video have huge [by comparison] colour screens.
smily_headphones1.gif

Are there any new players coming out with bigger screens but relatively small sized?

May 18, 2005 at 9:26 PM Post #8 of 9
No really small ones... The Gmini 400 is probably the closest, but it only has a 2.2" screen. The AV400 series and the PMA400 series have large screens, but arent exactly small in size. Their new one that is coming out [AV700] is even bigger, sporting a 7" screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back