DAP with best DAC and lineout 200$
Jun 25, 2014 at 2:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Sattelight

100+ Head-Fier
So my laptop which I usually use for my Q701's via Fiio E17->M-Stage recently started to become really loud when running and during quiet parts of my music I can easily hear it which is quite annoying. I figured the best thing to do would be to get DAP that had a good built in DAC and use the lineout->M-stage->Q701's. So my question to y'all is what would be some good options for this setup or if you have any other ideas besides the DAP->M-stage->HPs route what would they be? I would also be using this DAP with my RE-400s for on the go. Right now I'm leaning towards the Fiio X3 but I really don't know much about whats on the market. I want to emphasize that the most important aspect that I am looking for is a quality lineout because that is what I'll primarily be using it for. Thanks for reading and any suggestions!

Jun 25, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #2 of 4
  So my laptop which I usually use for my Q701's via Fiio E17->M-Stage recently started to become really loud when running and during quiet parts of my music I can easily hear it which is quite annoying. I figured the best thing to do would be to get DAP that had a good built in DAC and use the lineout->M-stage->Q701's. So my question to y'all is what would be some good options for this setup or if you have any other ideas besides the DAP->M-stage->HPs route what would they be? I would also be using this DAP with my RE-400s for on the go. Right now I'm leaning towards the Fiio X3 but I really don't know much about whats on the market. I want to emphasize that the most important aspect that I am looking for is a quality line out because that is what I'll primarily be using it for. Thanks for reading and any suggestions!

I believe the Fiio X3 ($200) and iBasso DX50 ($230) are about the best you can do in your price range.

Jun 26, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #3 of 4
I believe the Fiio X3 ($200) and iBasso DX50 ($230) are about the best you can do in your price range.

Thanks for the suggestion. I looked at the dx50 and noticed it had a coaxial output. So that would mean I would have the option of using a different external DAC correct? Do you happen to know if there are any DAPs that have that function except with USB output? Thanks again

Jun 26, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #4 of 4
Thanks for the suggestion. I looked at the DX50 and noticed it had a coaxial output. So that would mean I would have the option of using a different external DAC correct? Do you happen to know if there are any DAPs that have that function except with USB output? Thanks again

I would be surprised if anyone made a DAP with a USB output.
Some tablets or a few of the very modern smartphones come with a USB output (for music).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back