DAP with an impressive DAC and Excellent Line Out
Oct 4, 2017 at 2:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

imackler

Headphoneus Supremus
Looking for some ideas!

I'm ok with a mediocre UI. I'm ok with a mediocre Headphone Out. I'm ok with mediocre battery life. What I'm looking for most is a dap with an excellent internal dac through a clean line out. (I don't want to double amp.)

For a long time, I loved my ipod classic. It was an ok dac with a poor UI but it was functional. Probably enjoyed the hobby most when I could just use one portable, source to several amp options.

Amps have gotten ridiculoulsy good and cheap, like the Magni 3. I'm looking for a solution so I don't have too open my laptop if I don't want to and yet get an excellent source for these excellent cost-effective amps.

Thanks!

Oct 4, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #2 of 5
ATC Hifi HDA-DP20 is well worth looking in to, excellent line-out on it and a good price.

Oct 4, 2017 at 7:40 PM Post #3 of 5
Well since you did not give a budget the Questyle QP1R is very good on line out and it is also optical out too. It has fantastic sound as a dap and have hooked it up to my Avr many times both analog and optical.

Oct 4, 2017 at 7:43 PM Post #4 of 5
Well since you did not give a budget the Questyle QP1R is very good on line out and it is also optical out too. It has fantastic sound as a dap and have hooked it up to my Avr many times both analog and optical.

My bad. And wow, that's a lot of money. I guess I'm hoping that if I sacrifice quality internal amp, UI, etc. I can get a good line-out at a budget. Maybe under $300? I just want to pic a song and know I'm not making a "huge" sacrifice over a desktop and desktop dac. Maybe it's not possible..

Oct 4, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #5 of 5
Well you didn't give a budget so I gave you the best I have. I had a Fiio X1 a few years ago and it wasn't horrible but they're are others that could be better just don't have experience with any others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back