DAP with 60+ GB Hard Drive?
Apr 28, 2005 at 12:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Head Creep

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm looking to ditch my 30GB Zen Xtra, mostly because it's physically too big and the hard drive's not big enough. I currently have 70 GB worth of music on my computer (encoded mostly in MP3 and FLAC, with the occasional Vorbis album), so a high-capacity player is a must. Outside of the iPod Photo and various Creative players, are there any good DAP's with such high capacity and reasonably small physical size?

Apr 28, 2005 at 6:45 AM Post #3 of 4
Keep the Zen and mod it with a 100GB 2.5 inch laptop drive.
It won't do Ogg/Flac but you could transcode?
I'm sure the biggest capacity 1.8 inch drives currently available are the 60GB drives. Toshiba are due to release an 80GB 1.8 incher in Q3 this year - but I believe that Apple are having the first bite out of the production run...

Apr 29, 2005 at 3:09 AM Post #4 of 4
I'm currently transcoding with my Zen, so that's no problem at all. But I want a completely different player, because I hate the size of the Xtra and I've been experiencing many bugs on random occasions (locking up and resetting at odd times). But if there's no viable alternative to the iPod Photo, I'll probably just end up with a Karma and frequent transfers of albums on and off the player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back