DAP Wish List Recommendations
Feb 16, 2008 at 8:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

LoryWiv

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm searching for a DAP. Primary specifications I'm aiming for:

1) True Line-Out for Amping ... without a dock!

2) Windows Explorer Drag & Drop File Management (no iTunes-type interface or WMP sync neeeded.)

3) AC chargeable so one needn't find a computer to charge while travelling

4) A Perk: SDHC card expandable

I'll pair with my C&C Box+ amp. and Senn. HD280's; currently sounds ok with my non-line-out DAPs (Rio Carbon Pearl and Tree 755p) but I've read so much here that bypassing the DAP's amp permits the sound to blossom & bloom with a nice portable amp and cans!

If such a player exists and can be had for the $300 range (my max. budget), I may just never leave home without it! Or perhaps I'm only dreaming?

Thanks to all in this forum. The knowledge and courtesy of the members of this forum are rare. Must be the music bringing out the best in people!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 16, 2008 at 9:29 PM Post #3 of 12
The vibez will meet 2.5 of your requirments:

1) No dedicated line-out, but other Head-Fiers have raved about the SQ from attaching an amp to the vibez headphone out at max volume.

2) Drag & Drop? Check.

3) Like some other players on the market, it charges by USB, so all you need is an AC-USB charger and you're all set.

4) SDHC? Sorry, vibez is not expandable.

Since you're coming from a Rio Carbon, you should feel right at home with the vibez interface.

Feb 16, 2008 at 10:46 PM Post #8 of 12
iRiver iHP120/140 (H120/H140) and H320/340 meed all requirements except the SDHC card. They also support Rockbox, so you can add in cool beans like gapless playback and parametric EQ. Unfortunately they're out of production, so you'll have to hunt for one second hand.

Feb 16, 2008 at 10:50 PM Post #9 of 12
4G iMod

1) Line-Out through the headphone jack. All you need is a mini to mini.

2) Rockbox - Drag and Drop

3) You can charge via AC and/or computer.

4) No SDHC card though

Feb 17, 2008 at 6:29 AM Post #10 of 12
Thanks to all who replied...Cowan D2 may be the closest fit but my quest continues...

Feb 17, 2008 at 6:56 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by LoryWiv /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks to all who replied...Cowan D2 may be the closest fit but my quest continues...

Actually cowon d2 is great DAP without amp,for me if you want to amp go with ipod which is more feel the different when you hook up with lod,but with lod
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 30, 2008 at 12:10 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iRiver iHP120/140 (H120/H140) and H320/340 meed all requirements except the SDHC card. They also support Rockbox, so you can add in cool beans like gapless playback and parametric EQ. Unfortunately they're out of production, so you'll have to hunt for one second hand.

x2, and there are now new iriver h120's for sale on ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back