DAP w/ FM radio recording and LARGE storage capacity (harddrive-based)
Oct 5, 2007 at 8:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Dexter Morgan

500+ Head-Fier
So, take a look at the topic. Does this exist? Maybe I'm an idiot, but I can't seem to find any kind of DAP that is large capacity (at least 60 GB, preferably more) and also has FM Radio recording. In case you're wondering, I'd like to be able to listen to local classical radio station and press 'record' if I like something, to review it later a few times before deciding whether or not to purchase. I'd like to be able to do this on the SAME DEVICE that carries my lossless CD collection... so minimalism is the goal here. I currently own a 5.5ipod30gb - I realize there is the apple radio remote, but it can't record, and the last thing I want is more wires.

Anybody with information leading to the apprehension of said desirable DAP will receive my undying love and affection, which you may not want, in which case it can be redeemed for $8.82, US cash. Or I can sculpt you a miniature pyramid made from mashed potatoes in honor and recognition of your Godlike status. Potato mix + labor also = $8.82. Or I can do nothing. Yeah, maybe I should do nothing.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I'm aware of the 60GB Creative Zen:M but I'm wondering if there is anything else. It looks too toy-like for my tastes, but I think I'm willing to go there if there are no other options.

Oct 5, 2007 at 5:07 PM Post #2 of 5
iAudio X5 60GB

Supports rockbox too.

Oct 6, 2007 at 4:59 AM Post #4 of 5
not really...

I should mention though that the X5 is regarded as having one of the best headphone outs of any HD DAP.

Oct 6, 2007 at 7:58 AM Post #5 of 5
Well, you can easily put a 60 GB hard drive into an iRiver H340 (I've done so with my own). Unlike the older H100 series, it can record FM radio, and with Rockbox you can play several different lossless formats. You can also put in a new, bigger capacity battery to get over 24 hours of playback.

However, you didn't mention if you wanted a new player with a full warranty. If so, I think all of your options have been mentioned -- which is mighty slim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back