DAP w/ B&O H6 (second gen) vs Audeze Sine w/Cipher/Iphone 6/Tidal HIFI
Jan 19, 2017 at 10:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

treyking11

100+ Head-Fier
Hello All! i would like to get a few opinions before i go out and by yet another piece of gear. My ibasso DX50 took a crap last month and before i replace it, i wanted to throw something out there. this is for travel only, and my portable cans are a second gen pair of bang & olufsen H6's (i know, i am not a big fan of the brand, but the second generation really sounds fantastic and they are super portable). i was looking at a second hand AK100, but i thought that maybe i could lose the DAP altogether and just use my iphone 6 streaming tidal hifi (only 16GB so not  much space for music) through a pair of audeze sines with the cipher cable. anybody use the sine w/ their iphones who came from using a DAP? i have a pair of LCD 2.2 and am curious to know if there is any resemblance...  my files on my DAP would be a combination of lossless and EAC/LAME encoded mp3s... i am not looking for the ultimate portable setup, but something that is not painful to listen to (my work setup is TH-900/Grace/Mac Pro). feel free to throw other things out there, but after all my OCD research, this is what things have likely boiled down to. my DAP budget would be as close to $300 as possible (i dont travel much!), or pay more for the sines and sell my H6's. 

UPDATE: in true Head-fi fashion, i bought both. Dammit. 

thanks in advance!!
Trey

Users who are viewing this thread

Back