DAP Ui's .. Your vote for a the best built DAP user interface.
Nov 12, 2014 at 2:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

PrettyLights

New Head-Fier
my research into the dap world has brought me to a somewhat interesting crossroad . Is there a solid dap UI out there that isn't going to cost you an arm and a leg. Would think many people would find this thread a useful tool before a DAP purchase

Nov 12, 2014 at 4:11 AM Post #2 of 10
The Fiio X1 is a good place to start looking, and if you can afford to go up in budget you can look at the X3 and X5. Obviously there are plenty other DAPs to choose from, but the Fiios are budget friendly and offer many benefits at their price points.

Nov 15, 2014 at 7:16 AM Post #7 of 10
To be completely honest when browsing just from folder I find the iBasso DX50 / DX90 UI very simple and effective.

Nov 15, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #8 of 10
To be completely honest when browsing just from folder I find the iBasso DX50 / DX90 UI very simple and effective.

I'm an iBasso fan, and agree the simple concept should be nice....but I find the DX90 GUI to be too small/touchy and a little buggy.  The buttons are great, but the touchscreen hit points could be a little bigger so it is easier to use on the fly.  Adding a search function would be nice as well.

I would rank iBasso very high on value and sound, but much less on GUI and firmware.

Nov 15, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #9 of 10

I'm a folder guy as well and agree.  I think the AKs are a little better but neither of these should be a hindrance to purchase. Didn't like the X5 much but it's probably a matter of getting used to the controls. Heck, I'm easy to please. I still enjoy my HiSound.
wink_face.gif

Nov 15, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #10 of 10
I just couldn't pull the trigger on the DX 50 the other nite . I've done the research(read reviews / unboxing vids etc...) on the product and fell in love , BUT when Headfonia's review basically had told us that there unit COULD NOT be used as a Universal Serial Bus DAC Due to bugs I flinched . I wish I didn't read that to be honest . It swayed my opinion to the point of a non purchAse . H2O 's post about a simple / effective UI has turned my perspective again...! Ahhhhh! Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back