DAP to replace stolen X3?
Feb 7, 2015 at 10:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

semaj8james

100+ Head-Fier
Hello -Fi'ers! Today my beloved X3 was stolen along with my bag after servicing me for a healthy year and a half. The battery life was diminishing rapidly and the side lock button had fallen off, so I guess I was due for an upgrade. In that past while, I haven't kept up with DAP's of similar quality, and am looking for a quick suggestion. For a price point of $200>, what would be some suggestions? I heard about the X3 II coming out soon, however I want a solid DAP quite soon. The X1 looks promising, and I'm not sure of other alternatives. All I'm looking for is a high quality sound reproduction in a relatively small package, preferably with a line out as well. I'll only be powering some mid range IEM's and my car audio system, so crazy amp powering isn't of high importance. I've had the HM-601 (too big and old-age feeling) and X3, so what should be my next best friend?

Feb 9, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #3 of 9
iBasso DX50. What I chose over the X3 when doing initial readings. 

FWIR, better UI, touch screen, cleaner sound (more neutral, slightly colder)

I preferred the build and UI.

Feb 10, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #5 of 9
1. Who would steal a X3? A niche product known only to niche audience, of which only a niche segment appreciates it. I am quite baffled to be honest.

2. Just want to put this out there:

WARNING about the DX50:

(have not owned the DX50, therefore will not comment)

Feb 10, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #6 of 9
  1. Who would steal a X3? A niche product known only to niche audience, of which only a niche segment appreciate it. I am quite baffled to be honest.

2. Just want to put this out there:

WARNING about the DX50:

(have not owned the DX50, therefore will not comment)

Well they took my bag, walked for a bit with it, looked inside, and I guess took the only electronic inside of it. I found my bag with everything scattered around it in a nearby alley with everything there except the X3 :frowning2:

I'll watch that video and keep in mind what he says!

Feb 10, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #7 of 9
  Well they took my bag, walked for a bit with it, looked inside, and I guess took the only electronic inside of it. I found my bag with everything scattered around it in a nearby alley with everything there except the X3 :frowning2:

That are some unprofessional muggers i must say...not being able to distinguish a Fiio X3 from a iPod Classic.
No other valuables in the bag, i believe.

Feb 10, 2015 at 7:40 PM Post #8 of 9
  That are some unprofessional muggers i must say...not being able to distinguish a Fiio X3 from a iPod Classic.
No other valuables in the bag, i believe.

Nope, there was an apple, bottle of water, hand lotion, half eaten protein bar and yogurt cup in it. I was able to follow footsteps for about an hour before the footsteps faded away. I took quite a few videos and pictures of the prints. They live in my area though, probably within a 2km proximity. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back