DAP that works as a bluetooth receiver for phone calls
Feb 23, 2018 at 9:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

s_wkg

New Head-Fier
Hey everybody,

I want to connect my Android phone via bluetooth to a DAP's DAC while my In-Ear-Monitors are connected via cable to the DAP like this:
[Phone]---bluetooth---[DAP's DAC]---cable---[IEM]
for making phone calls.

So I am looking for a DAP that has the functionality of an AK XB10, Noble BT or Fiio Btr1.

I thought that this was going to be possible with a Shanling M2s or Cayin N3 but apparently their bluetooth streaming only supports the a2d-bluetooth-profile, while I would have to use the SCO-profile, which means I can stream media to my IEMs perfectly, but no phone-audio.

Is there a DAP available that is able to act as a bluetooth receiver using the SCO-bluetooth-profile and not only the a2d-profile?

Thanks! :)

Feb 24, 2018 at 12:54 AM Post #2 of 2
There were some DAPs capable of that. I have an old Samsung P2, it was amazing for its time, Samsung updated the firmware several times constantly bringing really new features for the BT function. This DAP can sync with a phone and import the contacts, can also transfer files by BT. Unfortunately, you could make the calls only with the included microphone (not so good), it wasn't capable of using the heaphone's mic (or the wired volume and call controls)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back