DAP settings or new DAP player recommendation for poor hearing on one side only (high tone deafness)
Feb 2, 2011 at 9:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

OldHooky

100+ Head-Fier
I've recently and suddenly had a 50db drop in hearing on one side - high tone deafness - which mostly effects speech and music. I've tried to counteract it on my D2 but it's not enough, even playing with the Pan feature and pushing it to -20/20.

So I'd appreciate any advice on what might be possible with the D2 eg Rockbox so that I can fine tune the right ear while maintaing the flat EQ for the left.

This might not be possible with the D2, so if there is a DAP that's able to be tweaked like this please let me know. I'm really missing being able to hear music properly, and stereo.

Cheers

Feb 2, 2011 at 11:08 AM Post #2 of 6
So it's not just volume  differential, but you need different equalization for each ear too?

Feb 2, 2011 at 11:37 AM Post #4 of 6

Quote:

I can't think of a player that offers both, to be honest. Rockbox will allow panning all the way to one side or the other, but not EQ separately. And there is an app available for the iPod Touch called Equalizer that lets you EQ left and right separately, but I don't think there is a separate volume for each channel. Hopefully someone else has an answer for you.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 17, 2011 at 10:20 AM Post #6 of 6
Buy two in-ear headphones of the same type, two Cowon D2's (secondhand to save money?), Rockbox them and EQ and volume match them accordingly? Attach them back-to-back for a less bulky whole? I feel for you man, hearing damage is awful if you enjoy music. :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back