DAP SCORE LIST 2021
Dec 3, 2018 at 6:50 AM Post #106 of 150
I'm a bit curious as to which is better, the Sony ZX300 or Astell&Kern SR15? has the list been updated to a newer version with more DAPs?

Dec 18, 2018 at 7:22 AM Post #108 of 150
Dx150 or fiio x7ii with amp 5. Jazz classicical and metal. All help appreciated

Dec 18, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #109 of 150
Dx150 or fiio x7ii with amp 5. Jazz classicical and metal. All help appreciated
I've only tried the DX200 and FiiO X7II at the store.
from what i can tell, i found myself enjoying the FiiO a tiny bit more for when it came to metal.
I have a wide range of music taste and i have a specific list of songs that i check against DAPs, DACs, headphones and other stuff.

its hard to give an accurate opinion on this, its been a while since i was at that store and had tried both at the same time with the same microSD card.

but from what i remember, i didnt really like the DX200 navigation/software setup. fiio was a bit better, but even then, i wasnt sold on it, i had the x5III and sold it because it was annoying to deal with its software onboard.

i always say, go with whichever appeals to you more regardless of price (but also mind the price a bit lol, dont just blind spend)

Dec 18, 2018 at 9:09 AM Post #110 of 150
I've only tried the DX200 and FiiO X7II at the store.
from what i can tell, i found myself enjoying the FiiO a tiny bit more for when it came to metal.
I have a wide range of music taste and i have a specific list of songs that i check against DAPs, DACs, headphones and other stuff.

its hard to give an accurate opinion on this, its been a while since i was at that store and had tried both at the same time with the same microSD card.

but from what i remember, i didnt really like the DX200 navigation/software setup. fiio was a bit better, but even then, i wasnt sold on it, i had the x5III and sold it because it was annoying to deal with its software onboard.

i always say, go with whichever appeals to you more regardless of price (but also mind the price a bit lol, dont just blind spend)
Thanks, that's very useful. Matter if interest what dap do you use now!?

Dec 18, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #111 of 150
Thanks, that's very useful. Matter if interest what dap do you use now!?
So heres the thing, at the moment i dont have a dap anymore. i sold it to buy a newer one because i hated the software in the FiiO X5 Gen 3.
I'm kinda of looking at either the Astell & Kern SR15 or Sony ZX300. but now, based on a friends purchase of the FiiO M9, im tempted to look back into it again because i hear they improved the software for that model.

but at the moment im using my Samsung Galaxy Note 9... and its terrible :frowning2: i miss a dedicated music player. so many things ive taken for granted, eg: volume control, proper headphone amperage, better sound chips, tactile buttons to change songs, pause, volume while hand is in breast pocket without having to take out my cell phone each screw*ing time to do anything. xD

Dec 18, 2018 at 7:51 PM Post #112 of 150
but at the moment im using my Samsung Galaxy Note 9... and its terrible :frowning2: i miss a dedicated music player. so many things ive taken for granted, eg: volume control, proper headphone amperage, better sound chips, tactile buttons to change songs, pause, volume while hand is in breast pocket without having to take out my cell phone each screw*ing time to do anything. xD

Tried a bluetooth dac/amp? They can be an affordable ok compromise- though personally I prefer just to use my v30 phone than bother with the ES100- however it does offer some good features like playback controls, fine grained volume and EQ/DSP on Android system level. I guess enough DAPs starting to offer 2-way bluetooth its possible to have a better all-in-one audio solution than just the bluetooth dongle, though the small size is nice.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2018 at 9:24 AM Post #113 of 150
Tried a bluetooth dac/amp? They can be an affordable ok compromise- though personally I prefer just to use my v30 phone than bother with the ES100- however it does offer some good features like playback controls, fine grained volume and EQ/DSP on Android system level. I guess enough DAPs starting to offer 2-way bluetooth its possible to have a better all-in-one audio solution than just the bluetooth dongle, though the small size is nice.
iFi xDSD is a very good device for that purpose.

Apr 12, 2019 at 6:45 PM Post #114 of 150
Cayin just released the N8 and Questyle is releasing the QPM. Of course Lotoo just released the LPGT. It may be time for this chart to receive some updating

Feb 19, 2020 at 5:15 PM Post #116 of 150
Yes, the list is finally updated.

I had the updated file on my PC for a long long time actually, but there wasn't enough time to put it here.

I might've been forgotten the thread a little too lol.

So the updates since the Revision 9-10 are;
  • Lotoo Paw Gold Touch
  • iBasso DX220 Amp 9
  • FiiO M11 Pro
  • iBasso DX220 Amp 1
  • A&K KANN Cube
  • FiiO M11
  • iBasso DX120
  • Dethonray DTR1
  • Oriolus DP100

Thank you!

And you're welcome @Jaeco. Also special thanks to you for reminding me the state of the thread.

Feb 19, 2020 at 7:52 PM Post #117 of 150
Yes, the list is finally updated.

I had the updated file on my PC for a long long time actually, but there wasn't enough time to put it here.

I might've been forgotten the thread a little too lol.

So the updates since the Revision 9-10 are;
  • Lotoo Paw Gold Touch
  • iBasso DX220 Amp 9
  • FiiO M11 Pro
  • iBasso DX220 Amp 1
  • A&K KANN Cube
  • FiiO M11
  • iBasso DX120
  • Dethonray DTR1
  • Oriolus DP100

Thank you!

And you're welcome @Jaeco. Also special thanks to you for reminding me the state of the thread.

Fantastic work (as always). May I also point out that the Oriolus DP100 amps incredibly well. I mean considering you have modular players like the dx220, those with line out options scale really really well most if not all the time. I have always enjoyed the Alo Rx pairing and the overall experience was so much cleaner and much more immersive.

If you get a chance try and get a sample of the xuelin 1969 tube dap. I opted for that instead of the dethonray. I needed that portable tube experience pretty bad.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2020 at 8:13 AM Post #118 of 150
Fantastic work (as always). May I also point out that the Oriolus DP100 amps incredibly well. I mean considering you have modular players like the dx220, those with line out options scale really really well most if not all the time. I have always enjoyed the Alo Rx pairing and the overall experience was so much cleaner and much more immersive.

If you get a chance try and get a sample of the xuelin 1969 tube dap. I opted for that instead of the dethonray. I needed that portable tube experience pretty bad.
I actually tried the DP100 with Dethonray HA-2 and it indeed is extremely good with it.

Feb 20, 2020 at 9:17 AM Post #119 of 150
in terms of just pure sound quality, how does the M11 and M11Pro stack up? (im not considering the M15, its way too expensive.) lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back