DAP Release schedule?
May 4, 2004 at 5:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ismelllikepoop

100+ Head-Fier
Does anyone have any idea what kind of release schedule hdd dap's run on? I don't know if I should wait for the next product cycle or not. I was about to buy a Dell DJ today, but it's been out for 6 months. Realistically, I can wait a few more months, especially considering I will be out of town for a few weeks and the DJ wouldn't arrive in time for me to use it. But if it is going to take a lot longer than that (like 2005), I would probably just order it asap. The 3g ipod is 8 months old, but im guessing the incredibly high demand for the mini would hold apple from releasing anything new anytime soon. I would order a mini, but the reason I want a mp3 player is to put most of the cd's that I listen to on one source and not have to sync every time (I had muvo 128mb that I changed songs only twice in like 3 months I had it, I hate how slow it takes). The DJ seems like it is the best buy of any DAP, but if they come out with a cool newer one anytime soon, I would be kind of annoyed, e.g. I like the way the 3g ipods look way more than the 1/2g versions. I am also unloading my minidisc stuff, so hi-md might be another option.

May 4, 2004 at 5:22 AM Post #2 of 5
The only DAP I could make a guess on would be the 4G iPod. Logic would dictate a larger (50GB-60GB) drive size and the incorpration of the mini's Clickwheel technology. I read on one of the Mac sites that any new iPod would be 4-8 months away b/c we are in the middle of their usual product cycle. There are rumors of the new iPod having a color LCD and being video capable. I hope this is not the case, or, that they also introduce an audiophile version (Apple Lossless is a good first step) with better battery life and a built-in line-out.

May 4, 2004 at 5:25 AM Post #3 of 5
iRiver H3xx should be out in the next few months

May 4, 2004 at 8:43 PM Post #4 of 5
macrumors.com is speculating that 4th generation iPods are coming very soon. It's all pure speculation though, unless you believe the inside sources they have. The sources may be right, but I wouldn't put too much faith in it. But enough to keep me waiting.
tongue.gif

Link to rumor page: http://ipod.macrumors.com/

May 4, 2004 at 9:10 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by ismelllikepoop
e.g. I like the way the 3g ipods look way more than the 1/2g versions

Thought I'd stop by and tell you you're crazy
wink.gif
I think the 2G iPods are much nicer looking than the 3G. They are soooo hot with the little 'window' on the front and they're a bit bigger, which is good. The 3G are just too small and feel too 'fragile' for me.. and the stupid touch buttons are well.. stupid!
tongue.gif

Of course, all IMFHO.
biggrin.gif
No flames please!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back