IDK

100+ Head-Fier
Here are my options:

Cowon S9
Sony X Series
Cowon D2+
Teclast T51(nationite s:flo2)
Ipod Nano 5G

Which has the best sound quality, and can run easily drive the most headphones ampless?

Dec 6, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #2 of 8
T51 seems to be a nice one, and it's hardware is quite good, probably will provide the best sound. Ipod is last for sure. The rest I don't really know, but the Sony don't support FLAC I think.

Dec 6, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by newfier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Soney X is definitely the best option especially it has declined the price.

but will it "...easily drive the most headphones ampless"

Dec 11, 2009 at 5:18 PM Post #7 of 8
The Cowon D2+ is one great sounding DAP unit which I have highly recommended.

However, the Nationite S:Flo2 (or Teclast T51) just changed the whole DAP scene. S:Flo2's high-end "dual" Wolfson WM8740 DAC, professional quality OPA2604 operational amplifier which is rarely (if ever) used in portable units, dedicated line-out socket, lossless audio playback (FLAC, APE, OGG), etc...... just kills the competition.

Oh, by the way, I need to mention its ridiculously affordable price of less than $170 for the 16GB model.

Dec 11, 2009 at 6:14 PM Post #8 of 8
Before you buy on baseless reports, find out if everyone has heard the player they lament or praise. Personally, from the list above, I will have to say that the Sony is an excellent player which has the best bas resolution of any of the above. I will not comment on its D-amp as that is marketing speak of Sony and Sharp. The S9 is decent, but is bettered by the D2 which can use Rockbox and a real EQ. Both cowon suffer fairly serious bass roll off, but rockbox is hard to beat.

I have not heard the Teclast.

The Nano 5G is in some ways, similar to the Sony. Both have pretty weak headphone outputs, very similar distortion and stereo images, but the Nano has a more typical Apple nano sound: reedy. The Sony is thicker and elevated in the bass, but moving away from portable earphones, loses power and punch.

All of the above (except for the teclast which I have not heard) are great choices. The teclast may also be, but I would not stake that claim on the rants here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back