DAP/PMP/DMP Brand Elimination Game
Sep 13, 2009 at 6:33 AM Post #497 of 553
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acreo Aeneas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
S9 is a PMP, not just a DAP. Meaning, it isn't limited to music only and has other features like: video playback, FM radio, FM/Voice recording, text file viewer, etc. Check the Cowon website or ask around if you still think it's a DAP only device.

We'll be at this for a long time to come seeing how it's basically DAP vs. PMP. Ultimately, I feel Cowon should win as the SQ isn't something to laugh about and it is a multi-function device like others out there. The majority still want more than a music-only device. AMP3 is great for the audiophile niche who could care less about other features and Cowon covers everything else inbetween.

AMP3 64 Heal

Cowon 102 Hurt

Ok, I think AMP3 and Cowon bothe are multifunction DAP. but AMP3 concentrate on Audio multifunction, Cowon concentrate on none-audio multifunction, The difference are following:

AMP3's mulity functions:

HiFi Grade Radio, can save a lot of tunes costs.--- the best radio I have.

AMP funtions, the hifi grade function

Stock hi fi grade earphones.-----, it it YUIN grade phones.

Wide range earphone synergy capability----, you can make your phones a new lease of life.

Cowon's multifuctions:

Wide touch screen: to me, it is a overdown thing, for it is larger to bring and easy broken.--------I don't want to pay for it for I have cellphone and notbook.

Video function: I almost never use this function for on the go, i can't see the picture, at home I have PC, and DVD.

other functions also a repeated functions which cellphone or other gear can have.

If Cowon don't repeat other gear's function and don't wast our money, such as adding a gauge for jog I will offer one point to Cowon.

Sep 13, 2009 at 1:02 PM Post #499 of 553
Quote:

Originally Posted by funnyjackie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cowon 103 heal Cowon for everyone to provide greater clarity of the screen, and is color!

Amp3 63 hurt It can only provide monochrome luminescence inch screen!

AMP3 64 HEAL

Cowon Hurt 102

I don't think the TFT screen is clarity, the color screen is handicaped under the strong light. While most time we use the DAP as outdoor usage. By they way , OLED is the trend of screen.

On the contrary, AMP3's OLED is much more visible ant any enviroments. and the OLED is much more expsensive than TFT screen. I really appreciate the brave of Hisoundaudio which design with the practical functions for us than not the gimmicky functions. Hisoundadio gives us the invisible benifits,such as the long battery, powerful amp, and hifi stocked earphones. if evry DAP maker pile the useless functions in the player, it just waste our money.

Sep 13, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #500 of 553
AMP3 63 HURT

Cowon 103 HEAL

I don't see this really going anywhere. Cowon has the userbase plus the PMP capabilities. But the AMP3, going on what I've read, has the SQ advantages. Maybe we should just call it, at this point?

Sep 14, 2009 at 1:21 AM Post #503 of 553
And we're back to 63 vs. 103. I'm not going to post back unless Cowon drops below 100 or AMP3 drops below 60.

Who wants to call both of these winners (in their own right)?

I vote "yes" for both.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Stock hi fi grade earphones.-----, it it YUIN grade phones.

I've never owned a pair of YUIN's before so I can't comment on the HIFIness of the buds/phones. However, if we're throwing around a general term like "hi-fi" (aka high fidelity), I own a pair of Super.fi 3s and I would consider them "hi-fi". Whether or not AMP3 included high quality phones should be a separate issue as normally we buy DAPs/PMPs for the device's features and it's inherent sound quality. If it spits out really bad audio, then not even a $1000 pair of studio-grade 'cans will make for the lost audio quality.

Sep 14, 2009 at 2:18 AM Post #504 of 553
AMP3 64 HEAL

Cowon 102 HURT

I admire the serious attitude on music recreation of Hisoundaudio. AMP3 have a a lot of hi end music characters. I respect hisoundaudio's brave on insisting on the only criterion on hi end music reproduction.

It is not easy in the commercial industry. I know, Hisoundaudio will lost a lot of customers for not have touching screen, for have no EQ, for have no Vedio, no game, no wifi, no camera. Hisoudaudio also more know it is easy to add in those functions. But Hisoudaudio can resist the temptation of commercial profits and lonely keep on it's ideal musical practice.

Hisoundaudio is the only conventional hi end home audio maker engages in DAP manufacturing. I hope there are more and more conventional hi end home audio maker to join in the portable player fields.

We do need the pure music and portable hi end portable music enjoyment. at least we need to have the right to select more and more hi fi grade portable players. Before AMP3, our choice right is deprived by numerous low fi DAPs. We are surrounded by the touch screen, Video, cameras, games,wifi,and have to pay for it.

To who, want to pay for the touch screen, want to pay for the videos, ok, go to Cowon. I don't against Cowon's commercial profits pursuing. You can dislike no touch sreen dap, but you can't HURT AMP3. I think AMP3 is worth the respect of his rival.

Sep 14, 2009 at 3:30 PM Post #505 of 553
AMP3 63 HURTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Cowon 103 HEALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Sep 15, 2009 at 12:30 AM Post #507 of 553
AMP3 64 HEAL

Cowon 102 HURT

I am surprise after one month using, the enclosure of AMP3 is just like the new one. For it is made of all-brushed aluminum. So I don't need to have a protect film on it, and I can bring it with my all day. for car audio system, for gym/jog usage and on the go. I even need no pouch to hold it.

it is really a solid metal brick.

By the way,there are several posts have different suggestion on changing the score ratio. I think the rule is fixed by the initial starter of the post, we can't change it at the middle way.

Sep 15, 2009 at 3:36 PM Post #509 of 553
AMP3 66 HEAL
AMP3 has been using the beautiful music touched me, since I buy it every day since the time listening to music increase from the previous three hours!

Cowon 100 HURT
If the COWON introduced the same excellent products as I do support it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back