DAP or PMP withe USB Audio out
Jan 27, 2011 at 3:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

LiqTenExp

100+ Head-Fier
Does such a player exist?  I would love to hook up my corda 3move directly via usb to a small high capacity player.  The purpose of this connection again would be to directly stream audio over usb.

Also, I am not looking for tablets so something like an iPad that supports it via camera connection is out of the question.

I know the H120 supported it via searching but I am looking for a more up to date new model.

Thanks!

Feb 2, 2011 at 3:44 AM Post #5 of 9
I don't think there is such a thing.  there are barely players with normal optical or coaxial output (except for the old irivers) not to mention usb.  sorry mate!  can't answer about the asio support question though..but i also think that you can forget it for now.

Feb 2, 2011 at 3:55 AM Post #6 of 9
Theres the Cowon V5 (and V5W with Wifi) which has usb host functionality and runs a version of Windows Mobile. I don't know if anyone has tried it, but I think theoretically if you can install the usb DAC on Windows Mobile it should work.

Jun 29, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #7 of 9
seems like only ipods etc do this :frowning2: there is a petition though for the latest android to support usb audio out. look in the portable source forum ... its a listed topic on the first page as of today. 

Jun 29, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:
seems like only ipods etc do this :frowning2: there is a petition though for the latest android to support usb audio out. look in the portable source forum ... its a listed topic on the first page as of today. 

iPods only do it with an extremely limited number of DACs, for the most part it's just standard line-out.

Jun 29, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #9 of 9
Nokia N8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back