DAP or DAC/Amp with low noise floor
Jun 6, 2019 at 11:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Joshua Bernstein

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I recently went to a shop looking for some IEM's. I tried a bunch, and fell in love with a pair of new-old-stock Campfire Audio Orions, I instantly fell in love with their smooth, relaxed sound. Great for easy listening.

Anyway, as with many other IEM's I've tried, they have a pretty high sensitivity and are prone to hiss. Does anybody know of a DAP or portable DAC/Amp that could kill the hiss? I'd prefer a DAC/Amp over a DAP, my budget is around $400. Currently using a Fiio E17k which wasn't hissy with my Oppo Pm-3's, but hisses with the Orions. They hiss pretty badly on my Mac, and the least hiss comes from my Samsung Galaxy S9's headphone jack.

Thank you!
-Joshua

Jun 6, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #3 of 6
Try a LG v20 =) ..yes it's a phone....not DAC/head phone amp..... but it's just bloody awesome.... I use V20 with Campfire Andromeda....i do not hear any noise..... for me it's crystal clear.

Jun 6, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #5 of 6
Shanling M5s is quiet for sensitive IEMs. Very dark background. FiiO M11 looks to offer more features and similar performance. Haven't heard that one yet though.

Jun 7, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #6 of 6
I have a Samsung Note 9 so i understand what you mean.
I found that the Astell&Kernn SR15 is a fantastic DAP. i havent heard any hiss at any volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back