DAP IE Headphones
Sep 24, 2007 at 11:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Majordomo

Previously known as Slycer
Hey guys,

I just bought a new DAP. It's a Creative ZEN. I'm now looking for a decent In-Ear headphone. Now, I'm prepared to fork out a substantial amount of money, if its worth it. I appreciate clear and potent sound a lot, but if my DAP won't be able to use them to their maximum potential, then theres no point in buying high end phones. I hope you guys, the experts, can help me. Currently I'm set on Shure SE310. They're the most expensive headphones I've eevr considered buying so this is quite a big deal for me.

What do you think: Will my DAP be able to max them out? Since I'm only buying the 8GB version I want to maximize the number of tracks and will therefore load it with 128-256bit MP3s. I know compressed sound isn't exactly an audiophilles wet dream, but still. So what do you say? Are the Shures an overkill? You can also reccoment other suitable phones but mind the price. Retail 200$ is the limit. I'm going to be looking at various sites for lower prices anyway. Anyway, reccomend away, I'm wide open to suggestions.

Just to give you a hand, these are the specs for my DAP: Creative ZEN

Thanks!

Sep 24, 2007 at 11:39 AM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slycer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys,

I just bought a new DAP. It's a Creative ZEN. I'm now looking for a decent In-Ear headphone. Now, I'm prepared to fork out a substantial amount of money, if its worth it. I appreciate clear and potent sound a lot, but if my DAP won't be able to use them to their maximum potential, then theres no point in buying high end phones. I hope you guys, the experts, can help me. Currently I'm set on Shure SE310. They're the most expensive headphones I've eevr considered buying so this is quite a big deal for me.

What do you think: Will my DAP be able to max them out? Since I'm only buying the 8GB version I want to maximize the number of tracks and will therefore load it with 128-256bit MP3s. I know compressed sound isn't exactly an audiophilles wet dream, but still. So what do you say? Are the Shures an overkill? You can also reccoment other suitable phones but mind the price. Retail 200$ is the limit. I'm going to be looking at various sites for lower prices anyway. Anyway, reccomend away, I'm wide open to suggestions.

Just to give you a hand, these are the specs for my DAP: Creative ZEN

Thanks!

Check out threads on Atrio M5s and Denon C700s.

Sep 24, 2007 at 12:20 PM Post #3 of 7
I took a look at them. So now I'm trying to decide between these two:

Shure SE310
Denon AH-C700

I would really appreciate a few more opionos. I need to order them in the next day or two!

Please help!

Sep 24, 2007 at 2:02 PM Post #4 of 7
UM2s....

Sep 25, 2007 at 1:34 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slycer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought the Denons for 120$. A good deal I'd say. I just miss a carrying case or smthn.

The UM2s are way outta my price range.

Where did you get them for $120, and was that shipped?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back