DAP for UM Miracles ?
Oct 27, 2011 at 4:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Samehada

100+ Head-Fier
Hello ,

iam desperately lookin for a new high end DAP in the 800$ - 900$ range.
Considering that the Miracles are pretty sensitive / low impedence Inears i kinda got problems finding the right DAP.
All higher end DAPs seem to have problems with high sensitive iems like:

(all Infos regarding the SQ are from threads/reviews etc)

HM-601 / HM-602

Hissing , Bass Rolloff with low impedence IEMs

Colorfly C4

bad SQ out of the 3,5mm plug

HiSound Studio-V
Hissing , Bass Rolloff

the only DAPs that seem to have not too much negative reviews are the T51 and the HM-801.

So now iam considering a T51 with a hornet or pico slim ... my question is which Setup will work well the the Miracles or
what informations are just wrong from the list above..

thanks

Oct 28, 2011 at 12:12 AM Post #2 of 11
The HM_801(highely recommended)is better because it offers bigger soundstage, more instrument separation, black background and more revealing.

Oct 28, 2011 at 1:25 AM Post #3 of 11
Yup - if you are going to spend that much on IEMs, its time to ante up for a source to do justice to em.

Oct 29, 2011 at 1:18 AM Post #5 of 11
I have not tried the hm-801 but the hm-601 is a great match with the Miracles. It's what make vocals go from good to amazing. Regarding hiss, I found that the more charged the battery is the less hiss there will be. At it's worst, it's not enough to distract from listening. The 801 is supposed to sound better, but if aesthetics matter to you then don't rule out the 601/602.

Dec 22, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #6 of 11
It sure would be nice to somehow try these players, depending on where you live I suppose. speaking for myself I would also be interested in the HiFiman players but Living in OZ, very hard to demo.
As no one seems to stock them locally.

Dec 22, 2011 at 6:51 PM Post #7 of 11

Quote:
It sure would be nice to somehow try these players, depending on where you live I suppose. speaking for myself I would also be interested in the HiFiman players but Living in OZ, very hard to demo.
As no one seems to stock them locally.

Try emailing these guys - they seem keen to stock a lot of the more expensive kit that gets a mention on Head-Fi:

http://www.addictedtoaudio.com.au/

Personally, I usually deal with Marcus but he is less inclined to come onboard with every new gadget to get the thumbs up from Head-Fi, although atm he does have the LCD-3, Matrix M-Stage and a few other goodies which have the HF stamp of 'oh my freakin God !'  :wink:

Dec 23, 2011 at 6:04 AM Post #8 of 11
Thanks for the Link estreeter, Ive been meaning to go out there for a while and take a squizz at what they have, spoke to Cornelius once on the phone. But I dont think they stock HiFiMAN? ....But I could be wrong I dont know.
Ive heard the Rocoo-V is very nice neutral player also. I also think this would bring out the best in my IEM'S.
are you In Melbourne?

Dec 28, 2011 at 12:02 AM Post #11 of 11
Melbourne ? Only if things go really wrong for me in 2012  :wink:

I live in northern NSW, but the web puts all these guys 'next door' - its annoying that I cant audition anything, but I know from past experience in Thailand and Singapore what a wallet-buster that can be. Sometimes its cheaper *not* to hear that pair of cans or whatever you've been fantasising over for the last 6 months ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back