DAP for Sennheiser PXC450
Jan 28, 2008 at 8:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

selfdivider

100+ Head-Fier
Hi. I'm expecting Sennheiser PXC450 to arrive in the mail any day now, and I was wondering if you can recommend some good mp3 players that might drive these cans. I hope not to use portable amps. Thank you!

Jan 28, 2008 at 8:43 PM Post #2 of 5
Rare case this! I would suggest something I would not normally do
smily_headphones1.gif
Cowon D2 with it's crazy 70mw rating is probably a good choice for a 150ohm headphone.

Jan 28, 2008 at 10:22 PM Post #3 of 5
Oh, man. I wanted to stay away from Cowon; was interested in Sony players. But a bigger concern: does this mean that Sennheisers should not be matched to DAP w/o amp, at all? If this is the case, I'm returning the suckers in a heartbeat...

Jan 29, 2008 at 12:05 AM Post #4 of 5
k1000smile.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by selfdivider /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, man. I wanted to stay away from Cowon; was interested in Sony players. But a bigger concern: does this mean that Sennheisers should not be matched to DAP w/o amp, at all? If this is the case, I'm returning the suckers in a heartbeat...

I dunno it seems they are 150ohm which means they are a little hard to drive. I am not sure if the Sony will have enough voltage to drive these. I am not sure if Cowon D2 will have enough voltage to drive these either. The only answer is to try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back