DAP for my partial hearing loss
Jan 24, 2021 at 9:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Bluecactus123

100+ Head-Fier
Hey, is there a DAP which would allow me to adjust the volume of certain frequencies in just one headphone? My left ear hears everything well, but I have a sound loss in my right ear. For example I'd like to lower the volume, in my left headphone, of high and low frequencies by 4db, but mid frequencies only by 2,5db. Is there such a product? Cheers!

Jan 24, 2021 at 9:36 PM Post #2 of 8
I think that most modern DAPs at least have a channel balance adjustment, to lower or raise volume for just one channel.
Others may be able to chime in about products that allow you to EQ just a single channel. Personally, I wouldn't try to "correct" everything to the degree you are trying to achieve. Your brain/ear hearing mechanism is already trying to compensate for the missing frequencies. EQ may not necessarily help to make things sound better.

Jan 25, 2021 at 5:58 AM Post #3 of 8
I think that most modern DAPs at least have a channel balance adjustment, to lower or raise volume for just one channel.
Others may be able to chime in about products that allow you to EQ just a single channel. Personally, I wouldn't try to "correct" everything to the degree you are trying to achieve. Your brain/ear hearing mechanism is already trying to compensate for the missing frequencies. EQ may not necessarily help to make things sound better.
The thing is, I hear every frequency, but in my right ear, they're just more quiet

Jan 25, 2021 at 6:08 AM Post #4 of 8
The thing is, I hear every frequency, but in my right ear, they're just more quiet
Then regular old balance adjustment should work for you. If you hear all frequencies correctly in your right ear, then lowering the volume for your left ear would balance things out, no? Lower the volume for left channel only until it's roughly even with your weaker right ear, increase the overall volume to your normal listening point for your right ear and make the final adjustments.

Jan 25, 2021 at 6:14 AM Post #5 of 8
Then regular old balance adjustment should work for you. If you hear all frequencies correctly in your right ear, then lowering the volume for your left ear would balance things out, no? Lower the volume for left channel only until it's roughly even with your weaker right ear, increase the overall volume to your normal listening point for your right ear and make the final adjustments.
But I've already tried that with my LG v30, and simple volume adjustment doesn't work, I have to lower the volume by 4db to hear the high frequencies on the same level, but only 2,5db to hear the mids on the same level. It's a strange case, I know

Jan 25, 2021 at 6:17 AM Post #6 of 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back