DAP for a HI-End Customs (in a price range of 1000$) up to 500$
Sep 24, 2011 at 6:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

zerocoool

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone.

I am interested to buy a HI-End Customs, and for that i want to buy a DAP that will give me the best SQ.

ther is a few DAP that are good for me:

1. HM 602
2. Hisoundaudio Studio-V
3. Little Dot DP_I
4. Teclast T51
5. Sony NWZ-A866

so what do you think from these DAPs will give me the best SQ?

thanks for everyone, and have a good  week

Sep 25, 2011 at 12:21 AM Post #2 of 3
Maybe this might make you save some cash if I told you that I own the HM-801 which "supposedly" sounds better than all of the DAP's you've listed, but I prefer the sound of my iPod Touch to it using the Westone ES5; a high end custom IEM.

Sep 25, 2011 at 11:25 AM Post #3 of 3
1. HM602 - still a brick-like form factor but at that price and the USB DAC function I'm most likely to get this, mostly for the Philips DAC chips. Loved my DAC-Ah before it fried the TDA's.

2. Studio V - if this is the one with the longer battery life and switchable dynamic or BA firmware, it's my second choice. Although I personally might not be comfortagle luggng it around; the corners look like they're too vulnerable to chipping and scraping. I recommend a small camera bag like Crumpler's 1 Million Dollar Home though, and for any other portable rig that fits for that matter.

3. DP1 - haven't listened to nor read enough about it

4. T51/S:Flo2 - Russian roulette build quality. No matter how rabidly some will defend them, the failure rates - including that guy who burned through three of them in succession - is putting me off. I suggest waiting for the replacement, and of course, sufficient feedback on them.

5. A-866 - if you archived in FLAC, be prepared to convert all those files to whatever it can read, other than that I don't see any problem with it.

A 64gb Touch with a FLAC app and EQu plus an amp to supply higher current and voltage in case your IEM is another option. Depending on the IEM (meaning if it's not too clinical and bright) you can just run it straight out of hte Touch when you want just the touch in your pocket, or an E6 clipped to your belt loop, then use a more serious amp when you have a bag or on a table.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back