DAP for 320kbps mp3s?
Jun 17, 2014 at 3:35 AM Post #16 of 23
Yes... I was just checking out that DX50 Rockbox thread. Very cool looking! I started hearing about Rockbox once I came to these forums, but have yet to use a device with it. So its worth installing? I shouldn't have too much trouble since I have a lot of experience installing custom ROMs on my Galaxy S3. Which is also a plus since I have about 5 extra batteries for it meaning I would have about 5 extra batteries for the DX50!

Jun 17, 2014 at 3:58 AM Post #17 of 23
  Yes... I was just checking out that DX50 Rockbox thread. Very cool looking! I started hearing about Rockbox once I came to these forums, but have yet to use a device with it. So its worth installing? I shouldn't have too much trouble since I have a lot of experience installing custom ROMs on my Galaxy S3. Which is also a plus since I have about 5 extra batteries for it meaning I would have about 5 extra batteries for the DX50!

Oh it's definitely worth installing! Not only do yo have tons of options for customization, add new themes for bigger album art for example, the sound without eq is even more neutral than in stock firmware. And the EQ gives you the possibility to us any headphone you like. 
But as mentioned also with just Bass/Treble you can get better results than with stock.
Only disadvantage is that the DX50 doesn't have the DAC functionality yet and as soon as it's officially released you still have to wait for someone to update the rockbox version with it.

And nice that you have some extra batteries already, that's definitely a plus :D

Jun 17, 2014 at 4:01 AM Post #18 of 23
This all sounds awesome! So it should be getting USB DAC function pretty soon then? I think that's the only thing on my checklist of wants it doesn't have so if its about to get it then I don't see any reason I shouldn't go and press the buy button right now. One more thing... How does the DX50 handle the files on the microSD card? Does it require any of it's own files on there or is it all purely music? Does it organize through tags?

Jun 17, 2014 at 4:35 AM Post #19 of 23
This all sounds awesome! So it should be getting USB DAC function pretty soon then? I think that's the only thing on my checklist of wants it doesn't have so if its about to get it then I don't see any reason I shouldn't go and press the buy button right now. One more thing... How does the DX50 handle the files on the microSD card? Does it require any of it's own files on there or is it all purely music? Does it organize through tags?

Yes, I saw in the DX50 thread, that according to Ibasso support it should be coming very soon, most likely in June.
So that means shortly after the rockbox version should be available hopefully.

As for the files on the MicroSD I'm not sure. I can see one additional folder on my SD called ".audiodata" but it's just some kb of size...not sure if it's coming from the stock firmware or from rockbox.
It organizes through tags but you can also just browse via file view in both rockbox and stock.

Jun 17, 2014 at 5:25 AM Post #20 of 23
DX50 will create one folder on the micro sd card for album art. (I think that's right) 

Jun 17, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #22 of 23
So theoretically I could take the same microSD card I use in my DX50 and put it into a Sansa Clip+ to use while exercising?

Jun 17, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #23 of 23
  So theoretically I could take the same microSD card I use in my DX50 and put it into a Sansa Clip+ to use while exercising?

Yes, unless it has changed the Sansas take up to 32GB cards MicroSDHC (FAT32), and the DX50 (exFAT)(Up to 2TB)MicroSDXC.  I put in my SDHC cards that I use with Sansa in my DX50, however, keep my SDXC 64gb cards only for the DX50.

You could format a 64gb card to FAT32 and it will work in the Clip+.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back