DAP Burn In - How True Is This?
Sep 22, 2018 at 6:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

yong_shun

1000+ Head-Fier
I just bought an Opus #3 and happily using it. I read somewhere claiming that DAP should undergo a "burn-in" process in order for it to perform at its optimum performance. How true is this and what is the theory governing this process? I understand that iBasso provides their customers with burn in cable. I am wondering such a reputable company is adopting this process, it might be true that I shall run a burn in for my new player. Any advise?

Sep 22, 2018 at 7:19 AM Post #2 of 4
Burn-in is true, every components and parts will be aging, and at a specific parameters, it is optimized for the conditions being used. One of the part that aging is very true, and that is the oscilliator. Can you hear the differences ? But aging is as real as reality itself

The best burn in process is to plug in your favorite headphones/ears buds, and play your favorite collections on repeat, period.

Sep 22, 2018 at 8:26 AM Post #3 of 4
Burn-in is real. Electronics warm-up is real. Cables differences are real.
You can use your DAP or headphones during burn-in process and when you stop listening music you can leave them playing - a playlist or white, brown, pink noises.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back