DAP + Amp in one package?
Dec 20, 2010 at 3:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

morph2k4

100+ Head-Fier
I'm relatively new to amplification, but I find myself wondering if anyone sells an all in one solution?  It doesn't need to be pocketable, but I'd prefer something that could be moved easily.  I'm really just looking for an all-in-one alternative to finding a DAP with line out and buying a pocket amplifier.  I know most/all DAPs have some kind of amp, but there must be some kind of product that has an amp comparable to external portable headphone amps.  Can anyone point me in the right direction of a good device?

Dec 20, 2010 at 7:48 PM Post #2 of 7
have you heard of FiiO E7? (though it doesn't have line out in case you'll like to use other amp someday) you can find it on amazon or miccastore

[sorry I forgot the E7 is a usb dac, so i gues it wont work for you, hmm I'm also asuming you want it for a dap not a pc or laptop]

I'm new too but I've seen many threads about that AMP/DAC.

now as far as an amp/dac with an amp comparable with an external solution... well I don't think there's one that could really compare.

but it also depends on what headphones you have.

there's also the S:flo2 wich is not just an amp/dac but a dap too, hardware wise seems nice, still it has too many complains about the software for my taste.

Dec 21, 2010 at 1:17 PM Post #5 of 7
Honestly, the idea of all in one is attractive because I could just pick the whole setup up and bring it with me.  I'm open to the use of multiple components if it will get me to a better place.  

For headphones, I plan to use these mostly at work with my Denon d2000.  At home I use HD595s and some modded SR-80s.  On the go I use SE530 iem's.  

I guess it boils down to simplicity, in terms of what I'm looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back