dangerous to jog with a portable amp? and, what combo has good synergy
Jul 22, 2009 at 11:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

BoxBoxBox

Aka: AndrewG
I am putting together a portable rig to exercise with, is there any danger jogging with a portable amp, since their parts are so tiny and sophisticated it seems they would easily be damaged. I am looking at the IE8 or westone 3, and either pico or ibasso. I am interested in the strongest bass signal but also fun.

Jul 23, 2009 at 12:22 AM Post #2 of 6
No, portable amps are solid-state.

But why? The sound quality benefits of a portable amp can hardly be enjoyed or appreciated (given the increased bulk) while jogging.

Jul 23, 2009 at 5:04 AM Post #4 of 6
i dun think you would want to bring such a heavy and many equipment with you while jogging? and while work out, it's just a few hours, why bring them out?

and i do agree that when you are jogging, you can hardly enjoy those nice music.

Jul 23, 2009 at 12:19 PM Post #5 of 6
Should not be, unless you trip, fall and hurt yourself on the amplifier.
wink.gif

Jul 26, 2009 at 7:33 PM Post #6 of 6
I jog and backpack and workout at the gym. I have a Cowon D2 and Xin Supermini-3 + Shure SCL5's. I have an XLO mini interconnect. They're held together by velcro. I use rubber bands to improve contact between the cable and the heaphone out jack of the D2. For some reason the neutrik connector doesn't sit well. For this reason I'm trying to purchase something like this:

How To Make a Tiny Interconnect

I love this setup. Xin's amp has held up great. It might be overkill for such a noisy activity, but hey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back