dang bowl pads made me decide NOT to sell my SR60s
Apr 6, 2009 at 3:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

fjrabon

Headphoneus Supremus
So, I had finally gotten to the point where I was ready to sell my SR60s. They just weren't doing it for me anymore compared to the AD700's. The AD700's were better in every way, except "aggressiveness" which was often just as much a negative for the SR60s as it was a positive (there's a thin, often non-existent line between aggressive and fatiguing for me).

I had tried the regular "flat" comfies. Then I tried quarter modding them, then "half dollar" modding them. Finally I thought "well, I'll give bowls a shot, and if nothing else, it will make them easier to sell than with just my butchered comfies"

Now, after listening to them mostly exclusively to them for about a week, I've fallen for them again, just like when I first got them. Bass is improved. Tonal balance is drastically improved. no frequencies "jump" like they did before (you know, you are hearing a passage that should be roughly the same volume, but some frequencies are too low and some just jump out of the drivers). They're still very upfront, but nowhere near as fatiguing as before (which I attribute to the increased tonal balance). I also think they just look better with bowls.

The thing is, it would make things easier if I could just sell them. I have too many headphones in the mid-fi level and want to sell some off to move upward. But I don't really want to go in the SR225 direction, so I'm thinking I'll regret selling my only Grado. Especially with my starving student on the way. I wanted to be able to sell them, but now I just can't. Too much enjoyment factor here.

Blah, never thought it would be a problem that I like all my headphones too much.
atsmile.gif

Apr 6, 2009 at 4:57 AM Post #2 of 2
Keep your SR60's. I like mine with bowls too. They are very handy, cheap, cheerful and versatile headphones. Not worth selling them really. They work well straight off a PC or laptop so they make a handy alternative to take to the office, away on travel or use them in your second system etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back