Dandruff shampoo that actually works?
Aug 2, 2008 at 8:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello;

I have tried several over the years, and I still provide a continual snowstorm for my t-shirts to delight in.

I have tried a version of Pert Plus (don't remember what it's called), Selsun Blue, Head&Shoulders, etc. They don't work. Actually they don't work at all. Some shampoos actually make it worse because they dry out my scalp.

I don't care if it smells like dafodills and roses or some crap, and/or if it's some wierd vegan new-agey *****. I just want my head to stop shedding
frown.gif

EDIT: Sorry about all the body-oriented threads lately :-O I've been trying to get all my medical and/or hygenic stuff figured out this year and thus Head-Fi must suffer! Muahahaha. Ha. haaa. Hm.

Aug 2, 2008 at 8:14 PM Post #2 of 35
Heh, I here you on this one. Its very annoying, plus I have an impulse to "remove" it with my fingers, which I have to keep under control

Like you, i've tried many of the anti-dandruff shampoo's, none of which I can recall working very well. Selson really smells bad (metallic) and the others no better.

I haven't really found an answer either, other than shampoo's and conditioners that are moisturizing with NO ALCOHOL in them do a good job. Look at the label, dont get stuff with ether alcohol or other types in it (pantene). If i had time to scrub my head every day it might be non-existent with this.

Im still thinkin of goin to the dermatologist, but that will probably just result in more weird shampoos. Anyone else have a solution?

Aug 2, 2008 at 8:18 PM Post #3 of 35
You must have some really bad dandruff. When I was younger, I used Selsun Blue and it worked. I'd go with Huck and say see a hair/skin doc.

Aug 2, 2008 at 8:19 PM Post #4 of 35
The only remedy that only and really works for the dandruff control is the guillotine...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Try the Head and Shoulders the all blue bottle, not the white one...

Aug 2, 2008 at 8:29 PM Post #8 of 35
does the t/gel have teatree oil? or what's the active ingredient. Ah figured it out, its a coaltar shampoo, i've used it before a long time ago. It smells bad and is kinda harsh on the hair, but it does work. I think i'll try the tea tree oil stuff.

Aug 2, 2008 at 9:59 PM Post #13 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by juniperlater /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x3 and no it doesn't have tea tree oil.

x4 on the Neutrogena T-Gel. I also had the same problems as the original poster (no or worse dandruff using those same brands and others) for years. Neutrogena solved the problem.

Aug 2, 2008 at 11:06 PM Post #14 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Night Surfer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Find a Health Food or Natural Food store and see if they have any shampoo w/ Tea Tree Oil.

I have that and it's awesome. Tingly
smily_headphones1.gif

Is this the kind you wanna make sure to use every day, or every other day? Also would I use both the Conditioner and Shampoo of the Tea Tree stuff, or would that make a difference?

Aug 2, 2008 at 11:07 PM Post #15 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzula /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x4 on the Neutrogena T-Gel. I also had the same problems as the original poster (no or worse dandruff using those same brands and others) for years. Neutrogena solved the problem.

Wow thanks guys! Dandruff-makers unite :p

In serousness, though, i'll check it out and LYK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back