Dana Glover
Nov 16, 2002 at 7:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

bubbaj

100+ Head-Fier
I recently came across this new artist while browsing the racks at a Borders on Cape Cod. Dana Glover is simply awsome!

Her voice is rich, smooth, and full. Her first album, Testimony, is great! I never tire listening to it. Some of the tunes have just a hint of country, but there seems to be a strong gospel influence too. I believe she wrote all the tunes on the album.

I think the very first track of the album, "Rain" is the best. A rich, full orchestration with a great beat to get your toes tappin'. The lyrics deliver a simple yet powerful messge.

My other favorite is the 4th track, "Cherish". Which delivers another simple message. That we should cherish every moment of our lives, both the good and the bad, because you never know.

The music of Cherish helps to drive home the message of the song. There is a middle section of the song that just seems to plod along for awhile. I think it's representative of us plodding along in life, not really paying attention. Cherish's abrupt ending also helps to deliver the message.

I can't seem to find where I read this but I remember seeing somewhere that Cherish was recorded on September 10, 2001.

I highly recommend this album. It sounds great thru my Etys and I know many of you will enjoy it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back