Damn You Apple..the blue is just too beautiful...
Feb 24, 2005 at 2:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

sno1man

1000+ Head-Fier
So yes apparently looks do matter to me. I had one of the original silver minis which had not been getting much use around the house since we bought a shuffle.

So I sold it last week and was fully intending to use the money to pay down the old mastercard. But I went in to the Apple Store this afternoon just to browse the new powerbooks and dang it if they didn't have some of the new 6gb minis.

I didn't care for the old blue color too much, but the new one is......well let's just say the I was walking out with one before I knew what I was doing.

So now it's syncing and charging as i speak.. Have not done much with it yet but I can say subjectively that this one already has a better (higher contrast) screen.

I hope this trend does not continue or I'll be broke.

basshead.gif

Feb 24, 2005 at 2:50 AM Post #5 of 24
Any reason not to use my 4G iPod charger on the mini (if and when I buy it)?

Feb 24, 2005 at 2:53 AM Post #6 of 24
That's assuming you travel everywhere with a computer. The guys at my Apple store didn't even know until I called to complain. It's bogus to sell a device with a rechargable battery and not include a charger. Every iPod until now, and every other rechargable device ever made comes with one.

Feb 24, 2005 at 2:53 AM Post #7 of 24
maybe it's becasue i've never seen one personally, but i think the new colors look horrible. way too flashy/feminine for my tastes (this is just imo, i'm not trying to offend anyone!!).

Feb 24, 2005 at 2:55 AM Post #8 of 24
i have like 4 chargers now. everytime one of my friends returns his/her ipod i just take the charger befor they return them.
rolleyes.gif

not the most ethical thing to do but it works at circuit city

Feb 24, 2005 at 3:00 AM Post #9 of 24
One other odd note, (or if you are Apple SOP) is a note on the box that says.
"like a fine pair of jeans, ipod colors may vary and change over time"

So I guess that means my blue might not be your blue

Feb 24, 2005 at 7:51 AM Post #10 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by rt297
Aren't you PO'd it didn't come with a wall charger. I'm livid. I started a thread here:
http://forums.ipodlounge.com/showthr...threadid=78669

I guess I won't be buying a mini in a big hurry then (although I would of course have my 4Gs adapter)...

The total (UK) price for an mini (4 gig version, not sure of the pricing of the 6 gig flavour) including an mains adapter would be £230ish... so, somewhere around $400....

lol... Rip Off Britain
biggrin.gif

I will have to still go to the Apple Store in London to see the new units though, lol... like a moth to the flame...............

Feb 24, 2005 at 7:53 AM Post #11 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by sno1man
One other odd note, (or if you are Apple SOP) is a note on the box that says.
"like a fine pair of jeans, ipod colors may vary and change over time"

So I guess that means my blue might not be your blue

WHAT THE HELL? Why would it ever change

Feb 24, 2005 at 8:45 AM Post #13 of 24
sno1man, you mind giving a review? Is it really 18hrs of battery life? How's the SQ? $229 sounds really good for 6gb. I mean I LOVE my Zen but I'm in the process of replacing it anyway, and this update has made me reconsider. Argh I hate Apple...

Feb 24, 2005 at 3:13 PM Post #14 of 24
Early impressions after having used it for a few hours......
I really like the blue and having the icons on the scroll wheel is a nice touch, it gives it a slightly more elegant look over the old mini.

Operation wise it seems to be a bit faster I.E. moving through the menus, selecting music. It is also starts up a bit faster. It is definitely quieter externally; with my old mini it was easier to hear the hard drive clicks and clunks (of course you cant hear either when using phones)

Sound wise it is a definite improvement over my old mini. Especially at high volumes with demanding music it is a more clearly defined sound especially in the lower frequencies. Angel by massive attack is my reference here; when the song nears the peak all the different sounds were there where as with my old mini and 3g ipod they tended to smear. Arguably this may be my best sounding ipod yet even better than the photo

Battery life wise can't tell for sure yet but I am at about 5.5 hours and the battery bar is showing 2/3 left.

The ear buds are the same as with the shuffle having the adjustment tab

Feb 24, 2005 at 3:32 PM Post #15 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by st3
i think the green one is uber lovely.

but i wish apple had introduced more colors tho
i would love to see some BLACK , RED, NAVY, YELLOW ipod minis

I picked up a blue one last night as well. Had my heart set on the green one (you're right-- uber lovely!) but when I saw them in person, the blue one really spoke to me. Not that the green isn't cool, because it is, but I was really taken with the blue.

I agree-- navy blue, or a deep crimson red would be great in these new saturated anodized finishes.... black would be just bad-ass..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back