damn you all...
Aug 8, 2005 at 9:46 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by imz14u2nv
I have been attempting to determine if I should upgrade from the Sony EX71’s to the Shure E5C (Same here enjoying the music, but hearing others talk about how bad they are compared to the real IEM’s), Now I have the bug and want to upgrade, though, I have never actually listened to the E5C, I feel like I am missing something by not having them, just based on the good things that I have read about them.

I wish someone could tell me that I will really get my money’s worth over the Sony’s, what do you all think??

I need help!!

Part of me wants to save you and keep you from getting sucked in but....... The Shure e4s are soooooo much better than the sony 71's. I cant even listen to them anymore. One of the best upgrades i have done.

As to the rest, well the super fi sound so different i can justify both depending on the music I will be listening to. The shures are the best acoustic/jazz/classical phones. The super fi's will be my rock/pop/hip hop phones.

And to the rest, at least I dont feel totally alone in this, but i will try to avoid the source forum for now until my wallet recovers

Aug 8, 2005 at 9:48 PM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by sno1man

The shure e4 and the super fi seem to be so different and complimentary to each other that I will keep those two

I agree completely...
biggrin.gif

Aug 8, 2005 at 9:59 PM Post #18 of 21
Head-fi truly is a disease, I have spent nearly $2,000 in the last month and I am still not happy, however things could be worse, you could be pissing or gambling your money away.

Aug 9, 2005 at 12:29 AM Post #20 of 21
I recommend being poor. As a highschool student, budget controls my impulse. After a summer of profitable poker playing, I was able to afford a pair of used A900's. Sweet!!! Next summer, I'll play poker for a CMOY.

Also make sure you play with friends who won't accept your headphones as a bet. Not that I would ever gamble them away, but . . .

Aug 9, 2005 at 10:56 AM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by flamingantichimp
I recommend being poor.

Seconded. It certainly makes you appreciate the things you have more...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back