Damn this site, Damn it to Hell!
Aug 5, 2003 at 4:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Bionic Gecko

Head-Fier
*Sigh*

Well I found this site, and now I think Im addicted to phones, and DAP's, My Poor Wallet
frown.gif

Anyways, I just bought a pair of Koss "The Plug" Which so far I like because they provide isolation, pretty good sound(At least to me, Im only an audiophile in training
smily_headphones1.gif
), and are portable. But I still want more(My new motto is "You can never have too much audio equipment!) OK, so Im thinking I want a pair of big headphones( I saw some Sennheiser HD 570's<I think>, those are the type Im talking about) and Im also looking at either the Ety ER-6's, or the Shure E2C. Could one of you people help guide me
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 5, 2003 at 6:46 PM Post #4 of 11
Don't get the 570s if you can help it: they really are very bright. And if you do get the er-6/shures, you'll keep on asking yourself how much the er-4s really are. Believe me, the er-4s are worth it over the 6s.

Aug 5, 2003 at 8:18 PM Post #6 of 11
I would skip the HD570 unless you can get one for really cheap.

Seems like a lot of people are finding the E2c convenient to take on and off. Get the E2c if you want something portable and convenient.

If you want sound quality and sound isolation, go for the ER-4P. The ER-4P will work well with most portables.

Aug 5, 2003 at 10:08 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by wallijonn
Smile when you say that, partner.
biggrin.gif

terribly sorry, I edited the post but it doesn't appear on the forum header unfortunately(as per most vBulletin sites)

As for why I want the E2C's or ER6's, I havent a job at all right now, so getting $$$ is difficult. If I can get a steady job relatively soon my options will open up, because my videogame obsession isn't demanding as much right now
tongue.gif
At the very least it is my b-day tomorrow, so I might be getting some more cash soon
cool.gif

Aug 5, 2003 at 10:15 PM Post #10 of 11
Like most here, start small, get what you can afford at the time, and be looking out for your next affordable purchase. The Ety ER6's have received very good reviews, and will serve you well until you choose to get the ER4.

As to big cans that sound good for cheap: try the Sony MDR-V6. Incredible bass that goes very low and sounds very good for their $70 price tag. They can be a bit harsh in the high-end when teamed to the wrong source, but they sound great otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back