Damn its sexy
Jan 25, 2003 at 6:22 AM Post #16 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by Jeff
The sound quality is pretty good. Better than the other MD players I've tried. Even cleaner sounding than the new N10 recorder. The earbuds that comes with it aren't anything special, but of course they're better than some $50 pcdp headphones.

The E10 is about as thick as two MDs

Can it drive your Grado SR80's well? It looks like a really sweet player.

Jan 25, 2003 at 8:04 PM Post #18 of 33
Some pics i googled up:
sony_mze10_jd_4.jpg

sony_mze10_jd_md.jpg

sony_mze10_jd_side1.jpg

sony_mze10_jd_side2.jpg

It also comes in gold!
Production apparently started last november, and 30,000 are/will be produced.

MinidiscT has it for sale, payment through paypal. $269.
http://www.t-station.net/products/sony_mze10.html
What does 'open price' mean?

Jan 25, 2003 at 9:02 PM Post #19 of 33
That thing looks so cool. It makes me want a MD. Well not really, but it is impessive. Talk about tiny. Makes you wonder what we will be listening to in another five years.

Jan 25, 2003 at 9:35 PM Post #20 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by lextek
Makes you wonder what we will be listening to in another five years.

microdisc??

Feb 3, 2003 at 10:46 PM Post #21 of 33
First of all, I'm moving this thread to this forum because I think it belongs here.

Secondly, I've just ordered one of these babies. I've just got to compare the playback to my MZ-E900 and MZ-R900...

Now it's hurry up and wait!

frown.gif

Feb 3, 2003 at 11:00 PM Post #22 of 33
Personally I dig the looks of the Sharp DS8 more, espcially with the red trim. That Sony IS awfully tiny though.
eek.gif
Too bad the battery is non-user-replaceable (at least so it seems?). And that special headphone plug means you HAVE to use a remote. Not very convenient, IMO.

Feb 4, 2003 at 2:19 AM Post #24 of 33
That is sweet! I recently put down my mp3 player and picked back up my minidisc.

Feb 4, 2003 at 3:03 AM Post #25 of 33
Gloco,

My R900 has no problem driving my SR-80. Sony MD is great with grado sr-80.

Purk

Feb 4, 2003 at 3:05 AM Post #26 of 33
Quote:

is there a line-out on this player?

Nope, there is no line out in this player. Non of the player models have line out; however, the recorder models have, namely, R50 (seperate line out), R55(?), R90(combined), R900 (combined),...N1 (combined).

Purk

Feb 4, 2003 at 3:23 AM Post #27 of 33
Add to that list the MZ-R37. Very similar in form factor to the R50, but is a lower-end (but newer) model. In fact, I have one heading my way right now because I wanted a model with a dedicated line out.
biggrin.gif
All for 37 bucks.
biggrin.gif

Feb 4, 2003 at 3:50 AM Post #28 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by Ari
Hey Pepsione1 !!

I'm a old guy. When Sony walkman (cassette tape) made 10 years, many years ago, sony launched a so small walkman like this one. Almost the tape size. In this week I was in NYC and looking for a cassette walkman. You can imagine my panties when the sales man showed me a red 10th anniversary box with that little US450 Walkman inside. He looked to me and charged what he wanted...I spent a year thinking about that price...
frown.gif

Best

Ari

Hey was it from 1989? That must be the 10th Anniversary WM-701S with sterling silver body... Only 2000 ever made and was sold at Tiffany's for a while in NYC... Oh man, I would sell my collection and get that in a heartbeat! I have its sister model, sounds really amazing for a tape player!

wm-701c_10th.jpg

The MZ-E10 is absolutely crazy in terms of miniturization technology... I wonder how it sounds... must be sweet!

Goto http://www.walkman.sony.co.jp/prod/md/e10.html and check out the different feature photos and TV commercials on it... the commercials are dumb but the pictures are wicked!

Feb 4, 2003 at 5:44 AM Post #30 of 33
agreed, im getting the dr7 as well. Much better player and sound is far superior. Sharp has usually sounded better than sony in the past and now with the 1 bit amp, the dr7 and ds8 (e10 competitor) sound better than any other portable MD player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back